Threader

I need help vectorizing this. Please!

Seems like this would be a pretty easy image to practice vectoring. You said you needed help, were you actually asking for help in how to do it, or just hoping someone would do it for you? If you're actually wanting help, what have you done/tried and what did the results look like?

• Like 1

Seems like this would be a pretty easy image to practice vectoring. You said you needed help, were you actually asking for help in how to do it, or just hoping someone would do it for you? If you're actually wanting help, what have you done/tried and what did the results look like?

I dont know how to even start a vectorizing process. I have only ever used photoshop and i am completely puzzled with illustrator, i am also new to the printing world. i dont advertise myself as graphics & printing yet because im not hip to the methods yet.

Dog fighting dogs??? Nah its not bloody font....... :police:

No dog fights! It actually for my first customer i ever had. He trains dogs for shows in New Jersey.

what software are you using?  If you bought a cutter from UScutter , you have SCALP, read the user manual.   And Inkscape.org is FREE  And Many many tutorials.and youtube videos.  No reason,to not try.  No one will keep giving you handouts here. Your getting paid for those jobs.  This is a forum to help. You have to help yourself first. and show that you are trying. then someone can give you pointers from there.  Then if you don't want to do it, there are many forum members here for hire.

I don't know Illustrator but I would image there is a rather easy to use trace feature. Someone with AI experience can speak to that. I do know Inkscape (free) has a pretty decent auto trace that is easy to learn and for this image would likely produce a decent trace that would need little editing/cleanup.

If you have AI then I suggest spending some training time and make use of that awesome tool you got there. You should get decent results on that particular file by importing (AI calls this "Place" and is located in the file menu) Once it's placed in the project then can just use the live trace button up on the top and play with the settings that are usually displayed up there when doing an auto trace until you get it looking the best you can and then expand it which will also be an option up there once you live trace it. (different versions sometimes have the misc layouts slightly different but the auto trace stuff is similar from clear back in the CS2 days) Not too complicated for simple things. There are several presets that can change the trace result and all kinds of ways to manipulate the trace manually that you will have to play with to get familiar. 

• Like 1