kainth.c.s

Advice required on cutting cast vinyl

Hello everyone

I am from australia and a newbie in vinyl cutting business. I got an order to cut AVERY 900 Supercast series vinyl for an ACM (Aluminium Composite Metal) board sign which will be put externally.  I own Creation PCUT CT0630 (Black and Red) cutter and use Flexi 10 for designing and programming.  The data sheet of this vinyl is attached as well.

Any special serttings/precautions need to be taken while doing it?:huh:???.

The setting I have been using are:

Press 118

Cut speed: 50

45 deg blade

Any imputs from anyone would be welcomed

Regards

C.S.Kainth

av9.pdf

Contact avery through email ask them the blade type and pressure is different on all machines. Do some test cuts however I would use a 60 degree blade.

• Like 1

With any new material you'll have to sacrifice a little bit of material to the vinyl gods. Cut some small text until you get it to weed easily and just barely score the backing paper.

• Like 1

I have no experience with this vinyl but looking at the spec sheet it just looks like standard cast vinyl. It's 50 microns thick which is about 2mils, which is what the Oracal 751 vinyl is. Don't believe you'd need to do anything special other than slight adjustment to blade depth and/or pressure just like you should do any time you change vinyl, even different colors of the same type of vinyl can need slight adjustments to cut settings.

• Like 1

Hello Pals

Thanks for your advice and valueable inputs.

I did give it a try with the normal settings . I did have some problems in weeding, particularly at the corners but overall it went fine.

Morever, is there any way by which we can manually select the sequence of the shapes.  For instance if I am to cut the word SINGH, it normally makes half of letter H first, then comes back does bottom half of S then so on , i.e. in a random way.If I export the drawing to dxf in autocad and change the lines to Polyline (PEDIT --Join) and import in flexisign afterwards, it cuts the full letter but not in the sequence, i.e. it cuts H then N but not in a sequence.  I also mailed SA international( Flexi Sign software) and also made a query to the importers of the vinyl cutter but haven't got any reply from them.

Please share if anyone came accross the way to do it.

Regards

C.S.Kainth

No you cannot select the sequence, of cutting..  You can only select an area,,,in Optimize cutting order.   Like 5 inches of area,  then advance 5 inches, clear to the end.

I cut large decals,  the cutter may advance the vinyl 5 ft before it starts cutting, but it will come back and finish the full design.. It starts cutting where the start of the design was created at.

Write a string of text and do your conversion you are speaking of and then post it. I would like to see it and try something.