Renee S

Epson WF-7110 print quality

Hi there-- 

Need some advice for an issue we're having with our WF-7110 printer. See the pic at this link. We can't get the streaks to go away in the Cyan, and a nozzle check gives us a hole in the same spot. We've cleaned, nozzle checked, re-primed etc repeatedly over the last 2 days and can't get this fixed.

Cobra is closed for the weekend and we've got 3 shirts we need to finish up for tomorrow. Does anyone have any advice?

TIA

http://1drv.ms/1KBmVtL

If you have Cobra Clog Buster or Cobra Cleaning Solution on hand and a cleaning syringe, you can force a little fluid through the print head (make sure you roll up some paper towels and put them under the head carriage first!) and that will usually take care of instances that a head cleaning does not.

If you don't have those on hand, then I'm not sure what else would be safe to put through your printer... 

Thanks for the replies. We don't have the clog buster on hand, so I'll look up some homemade cleaners. Hopefully it works. Every time we've run the maintenance trying to fix this, I hear cha-ching$$$$ in my head.

Alright - I need some help. I'm about to throw in the towel on this one. I ordered the clog buster from Cobra and watched Richard's video on this so many times I think I've got it memorized. After doing the clog buster my printer is printing WORSE than it did before. Before clog buster it wasn't applying the colors evenly on designs, and the nozzle check had one line missing. After doing the clog buster - extremely carefully to not get the solution all over the place, and running 4 nozzle checks already, I'm barely getting any lines in any colors. I figured it would take a few checks and cleanings but its getting worse instead of better.

Can anyone help me out? I'll post whatever pic's, try whatever someone would think works, just to get his giant, expensive paperweight to WORK.

I currently have a few nozzles plugged in black on my 7610. I went to a lot of trouble trying to clean them even to the extent of using an old refillable cartridge with straight cleaning solution and printed a complete solid page every day for about a week trying to let i have time to break it up and then I pressure treated it with a syringe and still nothing. I can get decent prints if I use the highest photo settings that have been usable so far but anything else shows some mild banding. I am going to have to spring for another $199 machine the next big order I get but that's why I went with the carts this time around so I could hop machines with less lost production and overall lost costs in the machine. Just one of those things that bite you once in a while when working with pigment ink. The nozzles are said to be smaller than a human hair and can really get into a mess, My mistake besides not printing regularly enough was to leave the clog when I first noticed it because I didn't want to mess with it that day. Lesson learned. See a clog fix it right then. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I wonder if it's cheaper to buy just the printhead assembly or a new printer. I did get a response from Richard this morning and he suggested putting the original Epson cartridges in and trying to get a clean print. I'm guessing if that works I may have clogged lines in the pigment cartridges.

Thanks. I wonder if it's cheaper to buy just the printhead assembly or a new printer. I did get a response from Richard this morning and he suggested putting the original Epson cartridges in and trying to get a clean print. I'm guessing if that works I may have clogged lines in the pigment cartridges.

Cheaper to buy a new machine, used print heads/ refurbished are far in between and usually in Japan or China and thats a 50/50 chance it will actually work. New ones are somewhere in the $400-$1000 I had a really bad clogged head and used Ammonia based windex on paper toweling for a week changing the soaked paper toweling everyday. It worked for awhile but then something happened to the cartridge wire and that was that. Also not on my 7110. The issue with the 7110 is precision core, you have basically 2 color nozzels that can clog. I always print on the highest setting never seem to waste ink and get better prints. Try that printing in the highest then come back.

• Like 1

I'm about done with this printer.  Now, even though I'd managed to get it back to printing a nozzle check with only 3 or 4 missing spots with the Epson ink, I put the cobra cartridges in and now the machine won't recognize the cartridge. I'm not seeing any video or support for the 7110 on the cobraink site on how to get that specific model to recognize the cartridges. I've pulled and reset the battery, made sure the thing was seated completely, restarted the printer....

If someone could please give me some ideas I would appreciate it. At this point I'm about to chuck it in the trash.

Yes the battery could be dead Get a hold of Richard on Monday and I am sure he will help you out...

Is one or more of the ink out lights on?

post-2057-0-38573000-1446336933_thumb.jp