Sign in to follow this  
Chapster5

Contour Cutting Issue

Hi all new here,

I'm however not so new to signblazer. I have been using it for a year now but cutting vinyl stickers only today I've toyed with the idea of contour cutting and to play I am using one of those paper craft kits you print and build to make a 3D model. I have vectorized the image into an EPS (full colour) however when I import it into Signblazer to add the outline cut and registration marks it imports in black and white? 

I have to print using Signblazer dont I as it adds its registration marks but I don't want the image in black and white? I'm struggling to understand what I am doing wrong I am using Illustrator CS6 and saving the EPS as version Illustrator CS6 EPS. I have even tried Illustrator 8 EPS and neither import as full colour into Signblazer. I have attached the EPS file if someone could kindly shed some light on my predicament please?

EPS File:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1bmr5atldit4u9v/68-shelby-mustang-gt500-page-001%20copy.eps?dl=0

Much appreciated.

Nick

Oh? didnt think i could do that and would that paste as a vector?

so it does work haha who knew now how do i go about doing the outline expand now it has layers for each colour so instead of seeing it as one object its trying to outline each individual colour?

Getting the hang now I created my own outline to cut with illustrator imported it and lined it up then did an outline/expand went through the processes hide mask and so on printed the file on my printer inserted into the plotter with all the alignment marks.

So far so good, set it to cut a print and go through the wizard of aligning the markers with the laser eye and then get to the last screen before the cut and it says about offsets and vinyl offsets left them standard and tried a cut its a good 10mm offset to the left hand marker and completley screwed up I'm assuming setting them offsets as close to 0 will solve this?

SB Is a very old program the owner Jerry died years ago and as a result there are no up dates for it. I doubt you would be able to contour cut anything with Sign Blazer.  

Look into flexi starter its like $99.00 and you can get the version that will allow you to contour cut.  

And offset for A Graphtec is 0 other cutters it usually 0.25 that might help

Not sure what cutter you are running for this Chapster5. There are a few programs that will allow contour cutting like mr300s noted flexi starter or you could try the free 7 day trial of SignCut Pro which will have some tech support to help you out if you can't figure it out. 

Very hard to find Flexistarter at $99 any more.. more like $149..and that dealer is out of US..They are bout the only one still selling with a USB dongle.  All the others have gone with Cloud.   I would only purchase full driver edition.

Ah cool thanks for the info guys I'm running an MH721 well a Chinese clone of it and it works well just lacking like you say the contour cut feature I'll look into the FlexiCut and cutting master as I'd prefer to cut straight from illustrator if I'm honest

Ah never mind, I installed the SignCut Pro trial and ran a contour cut after watching the tutorial video now I do the setup of the laser offset (place pen instead of knife) and let it draw a cross hair on paper then align the laser to the centre of the cross hair.

Did that and used the templates you get with the software which has the targets on and made the design within those markers in illustrator. Printed the file then saved the contour line as an eps as instructed and imported jt into sign cut.

Do a simple contour instruction and aline the laser with the crosshairs as instructed then chose cut it cuts the shape just like 10mm off again from the laser?

Anyone have some insight?

Have you tried with using the blade in the middle of the registration marks,then record it. and just not use the laser.?  That is how Flexistarter works,  No laser involved. Everything is recorded with the blade in the center of the registration marks.. That is why it can be used with any cutter. You don't need a laser.

Not too bad this time just lining it up with the blade! Just need to tweak the contour cut to align with some of the tabs and also need to work out a better method of sticking down paper to something so I can cut it without it lifting and snagging!

IMG_20150919_163431_zpsv8r1mat8.jpg

Awesome looks like your getting there good information Carolyn