a91eagletalon

Keyspan Adapter not working

hi

Cutter is a MH-721

Cutting software sure cuts a lot pro

I bought  a keyspan adapter to replace using the usb port on the cutter.  I got the drivers installed adapter plugged it into the cutter and the keyspan light is blinking but when I got to hit test in the cut screen on SCAL to see if I have a connection the light on the keyspan stops blinking and stays lit but nothing happens the cutter doesn't do anything then SCAL freezes up and I have to restart SCAL.

Any ideas

Thanks

MJP

And you are using a "null modem cable" between the Keyspan and your cutter?   You must.   Also to confirm you purchased a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter?  Just asking because people use that name loosely and just purchase a USB to serial adapter. which will not work with vinyl cutters.  not Tripplite brand Keyspan Adapter..  But a Belkin will work also.

yes it is a tripplite keyspan adapter

I am using the cord that came with the cutter between the adapter and the cutter.

It could just be a straight thru serial cable, which will not work with a Keyspan adapter.  It has to be a null modem cable, it is wired different

http://digital.ni.co...6256F720071DECF

Used for example only  prices vary

http://www.ebay.com/...=item43e1d7ff97

I still can not get my cutter to connect  I bought a null modem cable and still nothing.

the one thing I lack in my skill set in life is computers I know how to run computer programs but when it comes to trouble shooting problems in lost. 

I attached some pics of computer stuff  I don't know why its still not working any ideas.

I am still having the same problems and before.

I took a pic of the adapter I am using and a pic of the package the cord came in .

Thanks you for all the help.

post-93976-0-65494800-1443128941_thumb.j

post-93976-0-78033800-1443128942_thumb.j

post-93976-0-57186000-1443128943_thumb.j

post-93976-0-28918900-1443128944_thumb.j

post-93976-0-96442400-1443128944_thumb.j

Do you have the baud rate set correct? What happens when you click the test connection button?

the baud rate is set the same on the computer and the cutter witch is I think 9600 or something like that I would have to look to be sure

Nothing happens when I hit test it just ends up freezing and I have to restart the program.

It is supposed to be baud rate 4800,,,  And are there other options for the MH,?  As there is the MH1  and the MH2,   Does it only show 1 there.? 

In your Software, can you change your "SerialCOM" to Serial COM5?

- that looks like the COM port in your device manager that the keyspan is connected to?

And Baud rate, bit parity and flow control match- when you open in device manager ( right click, properties) and software? 

Looking at the device manager images you've posted above, it does not look as though MS has picked up the drivers for the Keyspan. While I'm not familiar with Tripp-lite, I do know that most USB to Serial adapters still require a driver to work properly.

• Like 1

Well as far as I know it is working properly now I called uscutter support and some one walked me through it to get it working good now.  but thanks for all the support on here to as well I really appreciate it

thanks

MJP

• Like 1

I'm having the same exact problem. Do you remember who you talked to? The guy that helped me, wasn't able to figure it out.

It would just say initializing and would freeze when I would hit cut. I messed with it some more after getting off the phone with him. I got it to say it was sent to the cutter and the green bar would go up and disappear, but the cutter wouldn't cut.

I believe her name was Jessica  I don't have internet on that computer I use with the cutter but if I did have internet she would have logged in to my computer and fixed it for me but instead I had to do what she said step by step over the phone.

to tell ya the truth in not sure its interlay fixed  but here is what she had me do

she had me download the latest version of SCAL for there support website

download the latest drivers for my cutter

that's all I did so far it work better then it did before but I noticed that I still don't think it running through the keyspan because I had the usb hooked up and the serial cable hooked up and it would work but then I unplugged the usb and nothing so im still thinking that it is not going through the keyspan serial cable

one thing I noticed is after I updated SCAL and the drivers when I go to cut before the green bar would take forever to complete the cutter would be cutting wile the green bar was moving across but now the green bar loads and is done before the cutter starts cutting.

I am still having problems with the cutter just freaking out and starts cutting where ever it wants and some time just plain stops where ever even on small jobs. the freak outs are much less now but still to often.

so I think I will have to give them a call again to address the problem again.

I see guests reading this old post today. What I see wrong, is that the com port number is not between 1-4 as it should be.  Com 5 will not work.  (pictures) You have to choose 1-4. com port number. Not a higher number.  If the Keyspan got assigned to com 5, then you need to change it down to 1-4 in properties.. Then choose that com port number in your cutting software. They should match.   Also WYSIWYG  should not be used.  ORIGIN should be used. That is my 2c after all of these years of this thread being up. :lol: