jessmoo84

I need expert advice! Can't decide between 3 cutters

I'm having some trouble deciding on a specific cutter to start out with. I'm looking at a QE6000 starter custom and competition auto graphics package, a graphtec cutter (no package deals that I've found) or the 34" SC Series vinyl cutter with Stand & Laser from uscutter. I've worked with a sign company managing the vinyl department before and loved doing it; however that was many years ago.  I want to get back into it myself focusing on small signs and vehicle graphics, eventually venturing into vehicle wraps. Any advice on the best startup machine would be VERY much appreciated. Thank you in advance!!

If your budget will support getting the Graphtec I would recommend going that way. Start with the best and you will have much less headaches! Also get a clean cut blade as they are far superior over any other blades.

• Like 2

I agree with the Graphtec,,You will want to step up there someday anyway,  so just start there.  You will be very happy.. SC and Graphtec Night and day..

Thanks for the quick replies! Could you tell me what the best site to research my different options for Graphtec would be? I looked briefly at a CE5000 24" but I want to be sure I'm getting one that suits my needs.

I agree with both above comments and would add that i would never buy a starter package - buy quality products of what you need.  usually with one item in a starter package that you don't use negates any savings you might make and many times "starter" packages include a lesser quality "extras"

• Like 1

If you're going to be doing vehicle wraps, you might want to think about going to a larger cutter than a 24" if you can afford it.   In fact, if you can afford it I'd go a Graphtec FC8600 instead of a Graphtec CE-6000.   (Much better machine for the money.)

Just a note that Graphtec has a deal going on right now for an extra year warranty, but it ends at the end of September.

Good Luck.

- John from USCutter

• Like 1

The FC8600 are just outside my budget right now. I want to start with the means to do stickers, small signs and lettering, etc for vehicles and after that get into full wraps. At that point, I'd like to go all out and get a cutter/printer but that's a ways down the line. For now  i just need something that does lettering, etc.

I don't think you rally need a cutter for full wraps anyway right? Thus the FULL wrap. I second choosing the best you can afford. I have never owned a Graphtec but everyone and I mean everyone that owns one loves them. Kinda hard to beat that kind of positive owner feedback.

• Like 4

Graphtec of course I started with a Pcut and it only took me a couple months to realize I wanted the best and I have never looked back

• Like 3

I don't think you rally need a cutter for full wraps anyway right? Thus the FULL wrap. I second choosing the best you can afford. I have never owned a Graphtec but everyone and I mean everyone that owns one loves them. Kinda hard to beat that kind of positive owner feedback.

We Graphtec owners really do love them I will never part with mine. So silent and cuts beautifully. 

• Like 3

US Cutter used to have a decent starter package centered around the 24" Graphtec - it included Corel Draw X3, a nice collection of vector clip art, squeegees, etc. - the only thing not really useful was the ball-point weeding tool (I still don't know what that is used for!) and a dozen 10' rolls of Greenstar vinyl, but I ended up using the Greenstar for practice, so it didn't go to waste...

Scott is right (as usual) that most starter packages aren't worth the hassle - they're like those 8-in-1 heat presses - they look like a good deal until you drill down into the details and realize that you'll use at most 3 of the 8 possible usages, and if one wire goes bad, you have 0 functional heat presses instead of 1 fewer than if you had bought them separately...

In todays email  UScutter is now providing Vinyl Master with the SC and Laserpointer11, vinyl cutters. moving forward.   That should be a plus for those buyers.

42444daa-592a-44fe-89cf-e5bcdeb485c7.jpg And now, for our USCutter customers, there are two ways to get it. This product will now be bundled free with all purchases of a new SC or LaserPoint II vinyl cutter going forward. Note: this program now supports the laser included in the SC cutting carriage for manual contour cutting functionality.

• Like 1