Sign in to follow this  
latitude42

P-cut 630... blue screen of death...help

Cutter was working fine...shut it down to go eat, put computer on standby, came back to start cutting again, started computer, started cutter, started signblazer 6.0, went to cut and info was being sent to cutter, ut cutter was doing nothing. I took cutter off-line, hit reset, put it back on line...nothing. I re-booted computer...nothing. looked in the help section of web site, suggested doing windows update twice then updating usb driver...did that , now when I plug the printer cable from cutter to computer I get the blue screen of death with a stop code. I uninstalled signblazer, tried to plug in cutter to get to the point of "new harware found and I get the blue screen of death...

Was working on a large order, life is grand!!!

Help if you can!!!

Thank you.

Larry C

Oh yeah... Creation P-cut 630

Windows XP

USB...there is no other option on this model

Uninstalled & re installed SignBlazer

tried new usb cable

Sign blazer seems to work fine....when I go to cut and click "cut" where you would see the progress... that is when I get the blue screen with the stop code.

Thanks if you can help,

Larry C

Checked my "ports" onder device manager....ok....Moved from one usb to another and changed in signblazer to right ports...still get blue screen w/stop code when I try to cut....

Lat,

First take your PC of "STANDBY and or HIBERNATE", You must be on a laptop. Change your power settings to never on everything when plugged in.

Make sure the PC or laptop is off and the cutter on. Hit the reset button. Turn the PC or LT on and you should be good to go.

I have had uber trouble with SB and am using Flexi but this cutter does not like that program.

I also find that most people do not maintain their system. I suggest running a spyware program and defrag your system. If you get a blue screen of death you system has not been maintained and has corrupt system files. BSOD has nothing to do with the cutter.

Reboot and press F8 and then select last known good configuration.

If you need further help call UScutter or myself for PC related problems. I will PM you my phone number.

Paul

when you hit reset  the braud rate change won't cut if the braud rate on the software doesn't match the braud

rate on the machine just a idea  mine is set at 9600

Got it working....had to recover my computer ;)

I tried every trick in the book...even tried to make up some of my own!!!! ;D I did everything that was suggested and everything that I could find on the forums. I finally had to recover the computer.

But, it works like a champ now!!!! The $$$ I thought I would have to spend on a motherboard or new cutter is now going to be spent on...;)??

Thanks for all the help guys, I wish I could get the kind of help you get here, everywhere!

Back to cutting, :)

Larry C

Glad you got it figured out, cause I was drawing a blank. Thank you for posting the resolution as well.

;)

After thinking about this for a bit, I remembered that I had a computer once that experienced problems every time it went into standby or hybernate. There are millions of lines of code in an OS,and at least in MS ones,all it takes is one tiny bit to get corrupted to make your computer do  weird things. It is in general,a good idea to do a format and clean install on a regular basis anyway,as has been suggested elsewhere.

It actually ended up being a corupt registry... I did an event viewer and saw where the problem happened. The puter was getting full of old crap anyway & I didn't feel like messin with the registry so out with the old and in with the ...original. Yeah, I had been neglecting the maintenance on it so it bit me in the bunger.

All good now.

Larry C

Good 'ol windows. Always can count on a good scare from time to time! Been there too many times. Glad to see restore actually works at times and it did for you this time. I suggest to all a simple thing I do to help with the stress when this happens. Backup twice and backup often!!! Windows can be replaced, but what of your client files if lost? :thumbsup:

I was listening to Leo laporte (My hero) a few weeks back and he mentioned some software that backs up the registry every time you shut down or something like that...makes recovery easier. Any of you tech guys heard of it? I have the podcasts still but it would take me days to find it.