minimehontec

mh cutter capabilities

has anyone used a mh model to cut reflective or metallic . ive done some small test cuts with reflective and seems to work fine. but it says it wont do it. is there something i should be aware of before cutting this material. thanks.

It may work now, but for how long? Keep in mind the MH does not have the gram force (350) as a cutter, that is recommended for the job,  so you are putting more strain on the MH cutter,  than say a Graphtec FC8600, which would have no problem at (600)

All vinyl cutters will have their limitations, and each one is slightly different. UScutter is not going to advertise it will, when it may not work for the next person...Because it is not guaranteed to work with reflective. You may also have to do a couple passes,when cutting reflective. Those vinyls are quite expensive to mess up on a value cutter.  Limited memory and static problems...

• Like 1

has anyone used a mh model to cut reflective or metallic . ive done some small test cuts with reflective and seems to work fine. but it says it wont do it. is there something i should be aware of before cutting this material. thanks.

Metallic vinyl would be fine, as for reflective vinyl, keep in mind that there are different grades of reflective vinyl, some of it is really thick and does require a lot of force/pressure to cut...

• Like 1

I've cut reflective with mine with no issues. Just raised the pressure a little, and adjusted the amount of blade sticking out.

• Like 1

I wouldnt cut for a long period of time with that machine. even though its cutting when it breaks it will cost you. yes it work now but when that 90 day warrenty is up your screwed. but even with it they wont cover it cause you cut something they said it cant cut. if you wanting to cut reflector,stick flock, or and thick material I would advise you to step up with a better cutter.

• Like 1