SWISSARMS

New guy from Iowa, Need advice between two cutters

Hey all, new guy from Iowa here! Looking at ordering my first cutter this weekend. I own a small, home based firearms refinishing business, and am tired of paying other people for stencils lol.

Right now, my Budget is $300-325 for the cutter, and I'm leaning towards the 15" Table titan that is on sale right now for $295. But, i can get a LaserpointII 25" for just $350(refurbished). 

Which would you guys suggest? Table titan 15" or LPII 25"? Will be used for making stencils for both the painting side of the business, as well as glass etching stencils, and window decals. 

Thanks for all the help, and I can't wait to get started! 

Laserpoint2 15" is a really limiting size and the LP2 does pretty good.

Well, thats my concern. The 15" will limit me. Now, excuse the ignorance here, but with the 25" model, i can cut the smaller stencils/decals without a ton of waste, correct? 

Is the LP2 a better cutter than the Table titan? 

what size is small?  The servo motor vinyl cutters, are much more accurate with the smaller text, and details,,But with tweeking trial and error, practice.  I have seen some good work come from the stepper motor cutters.

• Like 1

You can use scraps down to the 2" range with the LP2. I've never owned the Titan so I can't offer a fair comparison but my LP2 was retired when I went to Graphtecs only to have to dig it out and loan it to a friend who runs 2 shirt shops when his cutter died. LP2 is still going strong.

awesome, thanks guys! Interesting that they put a 2 year warranty behind the titan, but only 1 behind the LP2. None the less, I'll be ordering the LP2 this weekend. thanks again gents!!!!!

Well ended up jumping on the sale they have going on. Brand new 25" SC with stand, extra blades and "starter kit" (weeding and application) for $369 shipped. Couldn't pass it up. Ordered two 24" rolls of oracle 651 to practice with. one yellow one silver, since I'm just using it for stencils most of the time, and I can use the silver to cut decals. 

Any suggestions/advice/whatnot? I'm pretty stoked to get it! 

• Like 1

congratulations on your new hobby! Hahaha it's addictive...my only suggestion, as a TOTAL noob of course, is to keep on reading through this forum's instructional threads. Many informative posts and you should find anything you need. Good luck!

My suggestion is to read one of Mz SKEETERS hundreds of posts on how to properly set your blade depth. You can really ruin your blade and cutting strip on the very first job if your blade cuts thru your material.

• Like 1