Sign in to follow this  
djque

The reason why i hate dealing with friends to print shirts.

Ok so a friend that says I'm her brother to people wants me to make 16 shirts and 2 different colors. I quote her 10 each shirt and she said that's to much and says the swapmeet guy said $8.00. Now she wants a image on the front and a slogan on the back in htv. We settle on a price last month. This is for a wedding party. So they all gave her the money last sat for there shirts. So she was supposed to give me a deposit tuesday and she needs these done by the 23rd. I text her like sis what's up with the deposit and the pictures so i can start on your shirts. She go i been busy with the daycare and dont have time to go to the bank. I lol cuz last time she transfered it to my account. So then yesterday im like what's up with the picture and what slogan u want so i can start. She snaps a says you must need some money. I'm like wtf i don't need the money i do have a 9to5. She say i can have the other guy print them and dont have to give him no deposit. You should know be better than that. I basically say then have him print them cause I'm not. I think she spent the money on a bill and is waiting for the daycare parents to pay her.

• Like 1

Wait also she said you still got 3 weeks. Um no 1 1/2 weeks. With no design or what she wants the slogan to say. And all the slogans will say something different. And the pictures are different.

The triple that so You can come down a little for family discount.

• Like 4

My biggest client says hey I need to put in another order real soon, I'll text you the shirt count and sizes. A month goes by and nothing. Finally he gets back with me and then asks how soon can I get these done, like wanting them in a couple days and we are talking hundreds of shirts that I could have been working on this whole time he has been procrastinating. So hard to bite my tongue but it's my bread an butter and he does this every time so I have gotten used to it. I just smile and say I can bring you a few special ones if you have certain ones you need first. 

• Like 1

Lol

My wife's cousin asked me to do him some shirts (htv). I kept telling him a price but he kept playing it off like he didnt hear me. He brings me the shirts that he wanted and told me he'll buy me lunch. It was 5 shirts. So what I did was just cut it out and told him "you weed it and press it". He messes up a few shirts while pressing it....oh well! Btw I ordered a big lunch lol

I dont know why family is like that....

• Like 4

Save yourself a headache.  

IF she's not willing to play by your rules then tell her to take it to someone else.   

Just let it go...................

• Like 3

Dang I thought I was the only one that family tried to screw the pooch if you will. I kept getting promises about getting paid for shirts I have done and nothing. Same with things for my nephew, his parents keep telling me If I print the dog tags that he wants I will get paid and never do. So He asked me if I could print him up another one and I said Sorry little dude I cant keep giving these things away they cost me money and your parents never pay me. After that I haven't been asked.

DJ sorry to hear about whats going down though. And ask her next time to see a written quote by the swap meet guy. And if your to blame for the wedding party tell them you always give an order receipt with every order family or not and they should ask her for it.

Dang I thought I was the only one that family tried to screw the pooch if you will. I kept getting promises about getting paid for shirts I have done and nothing. Same with things for my nephew, his parents keep telling me If I print the dog tags that he wants I will get paid and never do. So He asked me if I could print him up another one and I said Sorry little dude I cant keep giving these things away they cost me money and your parents never pay me. After that I haven't been asked.

DJ sorry to hear about whats going down though. And ask her next time to see a written quote by the swap meet guy. And if your to blame for the wedding party tell them you always give an order receipt with every order family or not and they should ask her for it.

I know he charges $15 a shirt lol. I had friends that went to him. its 16 shirts but 2 different orders. 1 order is their picture's on each shirt 8 pictures. then the next order is 8 different song thems on 8 different shirts. then the bride shirt I have to add her booking board picture to a picture of her that im yet to even see let alone know all the songs fot the 8 different shirts. she wants these by the 23rd next week. Im off today only from my job at american apparel. today is her deadline cause I Cant get downtown to pickup blank shirts. till my next off day which will be next friday lol. P.S She dont want to pay for American Apparel shirts even with my employee discount. lol

QUOTE> " I know he charges $15 a shirt... she wants these by the 23rd next week...AND ... today is her deadline"

Send her a message letting her know "today is the deadline".

If you are willing AND have the time, tell her it is the deadline for THAT price,

'Rush Orders' are $14.99 per shirt.  (Just under what the other guy charges.)

Oh... be sure and set a Deadline for the Rush Order and get your money UP FRONT.

Don't forget the :) (smiley face) in your message to her.

• Like 1

Haha she don't call me I won't call her. she see my fb post so she is reminded of what I do. she made me mad when she said the other guy will do it for her with no deposit. so that right there cut her off. the funny thing is she know she can deposit it in my account like she did last time thru her bofa app. this why I believe she used the money for something else and is waiting for the kids parents to pay her. she has all the money cause she tole me she was go deposit half the the other half when I finish. that would of been 2 days top. now I dont want to do it.

• Like 3

One reason I like selling on Etsy and Ebay more than to friends.

Friends expect a friend discount,  a quantity discount and have zero comprehension on how a shirt is made with HTV and the time required, "Can you print me this shirt" - Said all my friends.

The deal I have with all my friends is....I will make what every shirt they want for my cost as long as I can put my logo on it and put** ask me who made this shirt** on it also......If they don't want those two things they pay full price

• Like 4