Kgoad

Titan 3 15" cutter

Hi gang,   Newbie here and I purchased the Titan 3 15" cutter and it came with Vinyl Master Cut software.

I am lost!   It came with no manual, no instructions...I go to the website (US Cutter) and I see the Titan 3 cutter manual.  It seems like it is actually the manual for Titan 2 and (this is the newbie in me now) I cant figure out anything.

Then on top of that I download the Vinyl Master Cut software and cant seem to find any info on this either.

I know this is kind of vague, but what am I missing here?  Can anyone help get me started?

Welcome from Indiana

So read the Titan 2 instruction manual   Cutters are pretty basically the same,, Just the buttons are different. .

Any cutting and design software you will have to learn.   Most have HELP at the top of the layout screen, open it up and learn... Also many youtube.com videos..  I think VinylMaster also has tutorials if you do searches for them,,,online. 

Unless you purchase a high end cutter from a sales person at a store, or take classes some where it is pretty much self learn. 

But I will put this out here for you so you can set your blade correctly from the start.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 3

I appreciate that!  I was afraid it was a self learn thing...arrgghh.   Cause I was prepared to start asking about speed a force settings, etc...   Oh well, I see this weekend is taken up...lol

Seeing as how you are new...,  start the speed slow....Force depends on the the blade depth setting as described above. and which vinyls you are cutting.  

What part of Indiana?   Maybe we are neighbors.  :lol:

• Like 1

Is there a chart for the force? Or at least recommendations?

I am actually in Delphi, IN :)

Skeeter always give great advice and her blade setting tutorial is becoming legendary on the forum. 

Each cutter is going to be a little different and I don't own what you do but typically I recommend you run about 25 to 30% of maximum cutting speed at least until you learn enough to know what you are doing. There is no advantage to cutting faster other than actually finishing the job sooner and in fact on some cutters you can cause issues with the cut performance trying to blow and go. I run a top of the line cutter which has speeds available from 50mm/sec clear up to 800mm/sec and I run mine at 200 almost all the time and sometimes slow it down even more on precise cutting of tiny objects and text. I don't know what the Titan has for speed nomenclature but if you do the math and pick 25% of the highest you will at least be safe. If that seems super slow compared to what you have seen on youtube then speed it up a bit. The Titans seem to be a solid machine so I think once you get it figured out you'll have  a lot of fun with that thing. 

Cutting force I would start at 60 grams assuming Titans use grams and work up like Skeeters blade set instructions said until you are cutting through the vinyl and just barely leaving a mark on the backing. You should not be able to feel the cut from the back side. Each vinyl will be a little different so you will become familiar with the text cut feature and use it regularly. 

Welcome to the forum (from Idaho) and you will soon be just as addicted as the rest of us. 

• Like 2

Wow, thanks so much for that info.  I cant wait to get started and mess with it (I am at work at the moment...2nd shift..lol)!!

Now off to find this tutorial that she wrote!

I am about 40 miles Sw of Fort Wayne...    I used to do sports card shows at the Ramada Inn, in Kokomo  with a Football coach from Delphi in the middle 90's  can't remember his name.  He was about 5'6  stocky...

That almost sounds like Randy German lol If it is, he and I were in same class in High School.

That almost sounds like Randy German lol If it is, he and I were in same class in High School.

Nope that name does not sound right....He would have been around 45 in middle 90's  guessing. 

Ok, folks - I am trying to do a test cut and all I am getting is a horizontal cut, not a triangle.  I notice now that I am unable to jog or move the vinyl in or out.  Apparently the rollers are not making contact with the vinyl to advance it......What can I look at?   What could be wrong?

Are your pinch rollers line up with the grit rollers underneath the vinyl?

• Like 1

No, they werent.  Thanks Jaybird!!!.  So I should have all 3 on the grit rollers even if I am not utilizing the whole space?   Thank you!     That was it.   I hope that they get the manual updated soon for the Titan 3!!

I am a tad upset with the software program that came with it. Vinyl Master Cut.

I have no idea how to up.  15" cutter is not an option in the software setup.   I thought that I should be able to set the blade at a certain area and actually press "set" button and that is where it would start.

I am using a 12" wide vinyl and in order to cut it has to be set in the middle so that is within the rollers....but it keeps wanting to cut off the vinyl.

So test, test, test.......arggghhhhh

LOL

Have an issue that I just dont understand-   When I cut decal vinyl, one time it cuts good.  Come back another time and it cuts and/or lifts the vinyl.  I dont get it.

Can someone tell me explanation of Speed and force?    At this time I am using (Titan3 15")  Speed = 432, Force of 90g.  And yes I have adjusted a few times....

In this case it is lifting the vinyl, appears the cut is good.  But when it lifts it sticks to the laid vinyl and creates problems trying to remove because of the adhesion.

I have attached a photo (hopefully) and yeah the pic is bad but I believe you will get the idea....'  Should be able to see the lift

Thanks all

Ken

Oh, it is a fairly new blade used maybe 6 times on similar. And it is a 45 degree blade

post-94834-0-11225800-1467732026_thumb.j

Have an issue that I just dont understand-   When I cut decal vinyl, one time it cuts good.  Come back another time and it cuts and/or lifts the vinyl.  I dont get it.

Can someone tell me explanation of Speed and force?    At this time I am using (Titan3 15")  Speed = 432, Force of 90g.  And yes I have adjusted a few times....

In this case it is lifting the vinyl, appears the cut is good.  But when it lifts it sticks to the laid vinyl and creates problems trying to remove because of the adhesion.

I have attached a photo (hopefully) and yeah the pic is bad but I believe you will get the idea....'  Should be able to see the lift

Thanks all

Ken

Oh, it is a fairly new blade used maybe 6 times on similar. And it is a 45 degree blade

the lifting is more than likely too much blade exposure - how are you setting you blade depth?

speed and force = slow enough to get good cuts and  just enough force to just cut thru the vinyl - it is different for every machine, blade and vinyl.  even different motherboards within a machine series can vary some.