Sign in to follow this  
Threader

Print & Cut Questions about heat transfer materials.

Hey guys, I have never used my print & cut feature, but i would like to learn to take on more projects.

I have an espon artisan 1430 inkjet printer, sure cuts alot pro 4, and a titan vinyl cutter.

What in your experience is the best printable heat transfer vinyl, and also what have you used that comes in a big pack of sheets.

Both must be able to be cut out with my vinyl cutter.

Thank you guys for your help!

• Like 1

You'll need pigment ink and the contour cutting feature on your machine as prerequisites.

As for the paper, I use 3g Jet for darks and JPSS for lights (jet pro soft stretch).  I get them from Coastal.  I tested and did not care for the red grid / blue grid products. 

Once you test it, if you like it - consider purchasing a roll of whatever material you want vs. sheets.  You have more flexibility to cut custom sizes (longer) so you don't have to rig up carrier sheets which imo is a pita.

Epson has a lot of printers that come with pigment ink, called DURABrite ink, however your particular printer uses Claria Hi-Definition dye ink which probably won't hold up very well with washing. Not 100% sure on that but 99% of dye inks wash out badly because they are water basedand often water soluable. DURABrite is pigment ink which is also commonly used for archival work and is essentially waterproof once it sets. Holds up much better for garment transfers. 

As far as printable heat transfer VINYL the closest you will come with a regular printer is the 3G or similar shirt transfer as ShowAndGo detailed which is basically vinyl but not really comparable to something like Siser printable HTV. Actual printable VINYL requires a solvent or eco-solvent printer.