gcextreme

dye sublimation magnets

I am looking for dye sublimation magnets..

need large ones for vehicle doors (12"x24"), and small ones for like refrigerators (2"x3")

BUT I need the flexible ones, not the hard aluminum ones u stick the little magnet to.

I have some of the large 12x24 vehicle magnets, flexible, for putting vinyl onto, but need some for dye sub.

Well the refrigerator ones wont be outside.

and no the ink shouldnt fade on any of them. no different than a dye sub shirt.

Guessing it'd be cheaper to outsource print vinyl and stick it on regular magnets,

• Like 3

Have you ever thought about trying a regular magnet? Don't know what the top surface is but it might work

Have you ever thought about trying a regular magnet? Don't know what the top surface is but it might work

DON"T! I tried HTV and it was a gooey mess. LOL!

Magnets lose their magnetism at high temperatures - not sure how well the flexible magnetic material would do at 400° as it's not particularly magnetic to start with.

You might need to look at a sublimatable decal material and then applying that to the magnets...  

I've had small sublimatable fridge magnets and they worked fine but they were specifically made for the process I guess.

I was told today from a rep  of SEPS  that  there is not any sublimation magnet material that you can sub too,  but they have a material  called  Subi mate   that you can print directly too and them remove the adhesive from the back and afix it  to magnetic material which they sale as well,  the down fall  she told me was that the ink would not last very long before fading

maybe 2-3 months  if that long depending on the area of the country that you are in,   she then suggested the best way would be to use an Eco Solvent printer,   im still looking as well because i believe there is something out there some where.