Sign in to follow this  
lablover

itrans light transfer paper

So, I just tried a sample of this itrans light transfer paper I got from the show a wile back....Ummmmm this stuff seems to work awesome.  I was able to Sublimate on 100% cotton and the finished product was very nice.  The only thing I thought was odd is it left a layer like substance under the print.  So, trimming the paper right to the design would of been best. 

HAs anyone used this stuff?  Any opinions?

Seems like a way to be able to compete with silkscreen folks.

Like I mentioned, it gave gray quality image and I liked the fact it didn't have those polyester like quirks..  i.e paper outlines etc.

Would love to hear what anyone has to say..or other options like this.

Joe

Not sublimation. Comparable to jetpro softstretch based on your description and if so I use tons of jet pro but not as soft as sublimation.

OK, but have you washed he shirt. I can sublimate on cotton but it washes out.

It washes out using the itrans paper?  It has some kind of coating on it...I'll wash and see

Reads a lot like 3g although I've never tried it with sub ink. How stiff is it when pressed?

I used cobra Sublimation ink.

As far as stiff.  It wasn't like sublimation for sure..was a bit thicker seemed like some coating a little stiffer for sure.  I final output is real nice.  I guess the stiffness could be close to Silk Screen paint.

• Like 1

Looking at the product website that is basically like the rest of the 3G and other transfer paper with the added ability to use sublimation ink rather than just pigment. Makes me wonder now if JPSS or 3G would work with dye sub ink. Hmmmm. I don't think I'll do that just because the ink is a bit more spendy but in a pinch....

Looking at the product website that is basically like the rest of the 3G and other transfer paper with the added ability to use sublimation ink rather than just pigment. Makes me wonder now if JPSS or 3G would work with dye sub ink. Hmmmm. I don't think I'll do that just because the ink is a bit more spendy but in a pinch....

I'm curious the advantage of using dye sub ink as opposed to regular ink?

I'm curious the advantage of using dye sub ink as opposed to regular ink?

The only advantage I can see is if you only had a dye sub machine you could still build transfers for cotton garments with it. Otherwise I would use pigment ink on cotton. Pigment ink is considerably less money than dye-sub ink and I would be interested to see how the longevity is with dye-sub comparatively. It is widely known that pigment ink is far better for transfers over regular inkjet dye ink but I have never heard of using dye-sublimation ink before (for regular transfers) so it makes me wonder.