Sign in to follow this  
HWORRELL

SIGNCUTX2 Serial number ?

Purchased a new U S cutter plotter back in 2007 or 2008. Never installed my SigncutX2 software as my old software (Gerber) worked just fine. Here it is 2015 and I need to use the SigncutX2 software that came with my plotter and after the install its asking for the serial number. All of my documentation is long gone

and I don't see the number on the disc nor sleeve. Don't think I ever registered the software as I was not using it. What can we do ? Thanks.

The software is thru Signcut,  the only business that can help you..   As I recall, back then they were sending the serial number with the confirmation email.when they were shipping the items. ...Do you save your emails.?

LOL,  I am one of those people that do.. I have 22,216 emails in my email account...I don't get rid of much ...for times like this.. ;D

Purchased a new U S cutter plotter back in 2007 or 2008. Never installed my SigncutX2 software as my old software (Gerber) worked just fine. Here it is 2015 and I need to use the SigncutX2 software that came with my plotter and after the install its asking for the serial number. All of my documentation is long gone

and I don't see the number on the disc nor sleeve. Don't think I ever registered the software as I was not using it. What can we do ? Thanks.

Pretty sure they have totally switched over to SingCut Pro. I started out with the x2 version in the early part of my indoctrination. Those serial numbers were for a year free of the service. Not sure if the year would start at purchase time or register time. I don't even think you can still get at the x2 version anymore. 

I'm with Skeeter, check your old email if you still have it. I don't get rid of anything remotely business orientated either for similar searching. MAybe you can talk them into some sort of trade in on the Pro. Great program, I loved it so much I stayed with them when upgrading cutters.