lablover

Paper line on shirt

OK, these sublimation shirts are making me crazy.  I get the lines from the paper on the shirt.  So, where the edge of the paper hits the shirt I get lines.  ughhhhh  I tried tearing the paper for a raged edge but still get it.  Reduced pressure, still get it.  Reducing the pressure helps but if I reduce any more then my print looks bad.

Any other tricks I might be missing?

Thanks Folks

Joe

Heat press pillow or the print perfect pad help.and medium pressure.

Heat press pillow or the print perfect pad help.and medium pressure.

USCUTTER have this print perfect pad.  I had it beat at one time but now it's back...LOl

I did a couple last week and I covered my press with a think cotton tshirt and it seemed to do the trick.

• Like 1

I normally use vapor foam, or like Jay I use cotton shirts or something that will soften the pressure to the paper that leaves the lines. How do you fair out with the platen outline?

I normally use vapor foam, or like Jay I use cotton shirts or something that will soften the pressure to the paper that leaves the lines. How do you fair out with the platen outline?

Same Same...Sometimes I get the outline.   If I use a foam pad underneath it helps a lot.  If the design is way too big and can't then sometimes the platen edge shows its ugly face.

Gonna try that cotton shirt thing.  I just ran into a odd issue I never had before as well.

Sublimation ink just went all the way thru the shirt to the other side.  Jiffy 100% poly shirts...hmmmmmm

I usually just throw a piece of parchment paper or kraft paper in between the front and back its always safer no matter whos shirt. Its cheaper than a new shirt. I had it happen once and learned my lesson.

Yeah with the fusion I just thread the shirts and am only working on one side anyway. Ohhhh Yeaaah!

I have a roll of that vapor foam and have used it but you have to waste a lot of paper that way because the paper is supposed to go out past the foam. I did several softball uniforms and just did the torn paper thing with success. You could see the line slightly but I never heard a peep out of them other than all the other softball teams were jealous. I only press mine at about 1 or 2 with the fusion. Never had a color issue that I know of from lack of pressure but I'm a relative newbie on the dye-sub.