Sign in to follow this  
trademarc

Hat press

I bought an 8-in-1 heat press and went to try out the hat press and the size is wrong.  It doesn't fit the inside of the printable area.  I would like to either add a layer and create my own or find one to work.  I looked into purchasing other sizes but they are a little in the expensive side.  If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.  Thank you for the great hat purchase advice given in another thread.

Are you saying the press pad is to small or too big? If its to small you can buy the rubber pads and make your own pad to enlarge the area. I personally would never buy an all in one, now you gave me another reason. Just think if that control panel goes out your done.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="OWJones" data-cid="402534" data-time="1441431651"><p>

I bought one from eBay that looks exactly like this one<a href='http://www.ebay.com/itm/140617050173?

_ trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT'>http://www.ebay.com/itm/140617050173?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT</a> and it's worked perfectly for sublimation, rhinestones and HTV. <br />

<br />

Be sure to get one with a hat clip that holds the hat tight against the lower platen.</p></blockquote>

Same one I've been using for a couple years now. Some hats fit better that others but it's paid for itself many times over.

• Like 1

yup sameone I have been using it for a few years and yup its paid for 10x over.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies.  Eventually I will venture out and buy separate presses.  I definitely want to get a larger press and printer.  All I need is more money and space.  My hat press is 3 1/2 x 6 so it's standard.  So either it is me or the hats I purchased.  I read on the forum to buy 5 panel hats and of course I purchased 6 panel before joining the forum.  Trial and Error.  Thank you so much for all the info.

I do 6 panels all the time put there is a lot more technique and practice involved in getting them to come out good. 5 panels are my preference for working with but even I prefer to wear 6 panels.

I buy a few 5 panel but most of my customers don't like the way the 5 panel profile is due to process of forming that one big open space so they don't sell very good. Can't even give them away sometimes. Ha ha!

I have a very old Stahl's Hot One hat press and although ancient it is really a great machine. I have been toying with upgrading but still haven't even though this one has some sort of electrical issue where it will occasionally stop heating until you bump it. The Stahl's have interchangeable lower platens and I have a standard that came with it and I bought a smaller one built for kids hats which is the one I actually use all the time now. I have only used the regular one once and it is tall enough that it makes a more noticeable bend or deformation up at the top where the face begins to roll over into the top. Even the little one does this a little but much less. This is only an issue with structured hats but that's 95% of them.