Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

bad day of cleaning the printer

wipers not moving properly  and overdue for maint on them so I decide to do a full maint.  wipers, wiper scraper, mist ponge, t- sponge, wiper pad.  Now hile cleaning the wiper scraper cover and cover that goes over the mist sponge assembly -I am also holding the solvent in the other hand - I tip it when I tip the over I am cleaning dumping solvent in my crotch (new jean shorts last week) and luckily on a chair carpet shield for the most part.  that solvent is some nasty stuff - ok so just needed to vent and cuss out all those people that say they don't have to do much maint on their printers - grrrrrrrrr

all better now except a slight burning  :/

how is your day?

My week has been great.  Laser tube fried taking out the power supply also......

$800 to replace it all. 

Just ripped the bumber of the SRT8 300.   

Work is hell this week

I need a vacation.   :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[

My week has been great.  Laser tube fried taking out the power supply also......

$800 to replace it all. 

Just ripped the bumber of the SRT8 300.   

Work is hell this week

I need a vacation.   :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[  :-[

you sure know how to make a fella feel better about a little chemical burn - dang - hope the rest of the week goes better

I'm no where as messed up as you guys seem to be but my epson 7610 pigment machine finally developed a clog that I have not been able to get out. I have been doing the soaked sponge thing and the folded soaked paper towel trick to no avail. Finally tonight when the black (which is my problem) ran out I decided it is time to dedicate the black cartridge to cleaning solution. Washed it out and added windex/ammonia blend and stuck it in there. Hopefully it works or it's going to be trying to pull the head to soak and that doesn't look fun from watching youtube vids. 

• Like 1

$50 in wipers, wiper scraper, mist sponge, t- sponge and wiper pad and I am back at 100 percent = I am sure befoer winter it will be time for dampers but we will cross that when it gets to that point.  just wish the price of the sponge swabs hadn't gone up so much - I use 4-6 each week just on normal stuff without all the cleaning today - and the wasted solvent.

still haven't broken free of the rv stuff - fixed 2 radios today and went and bought some more stuff.   this month it is dakotagrafx and rv supply lol

• Like 2

and picked up another one today- I just can't stay away - and they said on the way out they was getting another load tomorrow.    I am now storing lp regulators etc in the pole barn for when the supply runs out (they won't have as much surplus in the winter till they start building for spring sales i am thinking.   sold a couple auto switch regulators cheap with the lever broke off ( still able to switch manual if the auto didn't work just not as easy)  was wondering how many of those end up on stills  :/   took 1/3 of the speakers to a local "on line auction" to see if they can do anything with them - they take up too much room  - not enough bang for the buck and I want the room

• Like 1

ohhh and now the vinyl has taken back off so working twice as hard with the new addiction