Yakbreeder

Noob help

Your welcome,,, This cutter is a problem right out of the box...very inexpensive. and cheap Chinese chips in it.  The USB in the value cutters are not true USB like the higher end cutters... If you would have came here first, and asked about the MH cutter, we would have directed you to the models that are,higher as we have done with all of the others that wanted to start at the bottom of the barrel. Too many static and memory problems.  But there are others, that must get lucky and have no problems.   Good luck next week.

In Corel you have no way of adjusting blade offset or over cut functions.

On 9/19/2015 at 1:10 AM, Speedoggy said:

If you would have came here first, and asked about the MH cutter, we would have directed you to the models that are,higher as we have done with all of the others that wanted to start at the bottom of the barrel.

No to hijack (too much) but what cutter would you recommend for a potential hobbiest, I have the MH871 arriving today and have already realized that I didn't do my due diligence :(

Thanks

1 hour ago, andygeekboy said:

No to hijack (too much) but what cutter would you recommend for a potential hobbiest, I have the MH871 arriving today and have already realized that I didn't do my due diligence :(

Thanks

Well the MH seems to have more issues than the rest. Sounds like you own one now so.... time to learn. You will benefit from the experience one way or the other and if you fall in love with cutting (I did) then when you upgrade you will more appreciate the convenience and quality of the upgrade. You will learn to "dial in" your MH in order to cut decent which all still applies to other cutters. The biggest complaints will probably be lack of memory, poor tracking, static electricity interference and noise. Most of those only truly go away when you step clear up to a servo motor machine which is a big leap in cost. For hobby work you will be able to achieve more than you would think if you are patient and persistent.  

50 minutes ago, Wildgoose said:

Well the MH seems to have more issues than the rest. Sounds like you own one now so.... time to learn.

Yup, you're absolutely right, I'm looking forward to the adventure!