Sign in to follow this  
knucklehead

Is it just me?

Is it just me, or do these heat presses look kinda alike? One is 699, other is 2k. Which then raises the question, why would one pay 699 for a copy, when you can get the real deal, air operated, on ebay for 699. And 'free' shipping?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/16-X20-AIR-FUSION-HEAT-PRESS-TRANSFER-MACHINE-PHOTOS-GARMENT-DIGITAL-REMARKABLE-/111682344637?hash=item1a00c956bd

post-2309-0-86092000-1441152272_thumb.jp

The eBay listing is not real fusion look at the cheap Chinese display in the listing not the pic you posted

The eBay listing is not real fusion look at the cheap Chinese display in the listing not the pic you posted

Agreed cheap Chinese knock off however even with the display I'm sure people are flocking. These are actually sign warehouse versions of the popular Fusion and they are a lot less in price. You can get that one for under $600 however I bet its not as programmable as the fusion.

I'm sure most people think the same thing when looking at vinyl cutters. It's what's on the inside that counts!

That's what ebay has become.

no way the knock off has the hortonix platen with the tightly spaced heating coils  - check out the pressure adjustment differences - the cheaper box slide under the platen.   that is a disgrace that they call that a fusion on ebay and it is sold allegedly out of California .   I'  take a 10-15 year old hotronix any day over new chinese

• Like 2

no way the knock off has the hortonix platen with the tightly spaced heating coils  - check out the pressure adjustment differences - the cheaper box slide under the platen.   that is a disgrace that they call that a fusion on ebay and it is sold allegedly out of California .   I'  take a 10-15 year old hotronix any day over new chinese

Definately not an air fusion I think Stahl's should be informed. There are major difference as you pointed out. everything is so boxed and blah where we all know the fusion has style and curves lol. I also dont think that draw comes all the way out like the Stahl's version.

I saw the green one in the catalog and immediately noticed the China press control panel. I'll bet there are zero presets that can be stored like Hatter mentioned

I cook everything at 350. When I get the other printer swapped over to do dye-sub panels, I guess, I'll have to change up some.

Only listed one. hope some poor schmuck didn't buy it

Had six different listings yesterday. Now, it says sold out.

Green one would be pretty easy to find, if it ever got misplaced.

• Like 1

I have a hotronix but it may go with the shop and I just saw that frogger looking thing in the catalog last week. I've actually had pretty good luck with cheap presses over the years but they are no comparison for stahl's or hix etc.

I am on the market for another press!  I had my heart set on the fusion and yes.... like everyone else I saw the green machine on ebay the other day and I did stop and think..... that is a huge savings.  I was wondering what to do and reading here is helping make my decision!

I have a hotronix but it may go with the shop and I just saw that frogger looking thing in the catalog last week. I've actually had pretty good luck with cheap presses over the years but they are no comparison for stahl's or hix etc.

I think for a second large heat press or basically one set mainly for sublimation it wouldn't be to bad.

I think for a second large heat press or basically one set mainly for sublimation it wouldn't be to bad.

I crank out shirt transfers and an extra press is almost a necessity but I don't want to buy another 1 just to let it go with the shop.

I crank out shirt transfers and an extra press is almost a necessity but I don't want to buy another 1 just to let it go with the shop.

Wait till you move to get it. Any news on that front?

No, I've got a person in mind but they're out of state and we need to get our schedules together for him to come look at it. Honestly I must of priced it too low because just mentioning it in passing I've got 4 parties interested in it right now.

• Like 1

So does anyone actually own one of these?  I am just curious on feed back.  What is the main difference in features between this and the fusion?  If it is a programable touch screen control panel.... so what.  That is not worth the extra 1200 bucks to me.  I don't mind changing my own temp and pressure on the fly.... I don't have to do it often.  I basically only use 2 temps any way.

So does anyone actually own one of these?  I am just curious on feed back.  What is the main difference in features between this and the fusion?  If it is a programable touch screen control panel.... so what.  That is not worth the extra 1200 bucks to me.  I don't mind changing my own temp and pressure on the fly.... I don't have to do it often.  I basically only use 2 temps any way.

Trust me its nice having the option to set up times and teps and just be able to change it with a touch of a button. And two to one its not built like a real fusion. 

For me it is the quick change platens too. I swap between three pretty regular. 

ah, yes.... real substance!  The quick change platens!  Now we hit a nerve.  That is a huge game changer.  To bad they are not included with the 2000 dollar price tag tho!

I don't currently seem to have issues tho with my 1 platen.  However..... having the ability to use different ones might make some things easier......

• Like 1

ah, yes.... real substance!  The quick change platens!  Now we hit a nerve.  That is a huge game changer.  To bad they are not included with the 2000 dollar price tag tho!

I don't currently seem to have issues tho with my 1 platen.  However..... having the ability to use different ones might make some things easier......

They ARE expensive and so far I have only added the 11"x 15" and the long skinny 6"x 20" but WOW let me tell you it's the bomb! With a huge platen like the standard 16"x 20" anytime you have smaller ladies shirts or kids stuff you are forced to just lay them on there and press the whole thing. I recommend using a press pillow in this case but they are slow and eventually wear out. Not so with the quick change, about 30 seconds and you are moving along with the new size. The skinny one works fantastic for names across football uniform shoulders and hoodie sleeves or sweat pant legs. Eventually I'm aiming for a couple more smaller ones that I can use for totes and whatnot but I haven't had a large enough order to justify the purchase yet.