theteeshirtking

Cutter head stopped working

We have been having problems with our Roland 500 Cutter. It was not cutting reliably and yesterday the head just stopped moving. We had just finished a job and the head stopped and that was it. We tried turning it off and unplugging it, even left it unplugged overnight but it still wont work this morning.

We are running XP SPK2 and the usual programs, Corel Draw, Art cut and so on.

You may reach us at 1-201-209-1159 11 am - 5 pm ask for Joe Orsini or William Blevin.

Thak You for your time

I think you should be on a roland forum.Or maybe contact roland for support.The mh721's and copams use some of the same parts,but they are not the same as rolands.

Guest fivestar

Billy you're so good they figured you could fix their problem with their Roland too...... ;D ;D :D

I wish! It would be nice if I could figure out half of the problems with these cutters.But it's kind of hard to diagnose a problem when your cutter hasn't had that problem.I know there are people on the board who have or have owned roland cutters,but I wouldn't even begin to try to tell someone how to fix them.I really try not to screw people up worse by my answers.It just kind of happen naturally.

I have no experience with Roland either,but if just the cutting head stopped working,it could be just about anything.However,if EVERYTHING stopped working(fan,motor,etc) then look for a fuse somewhere first.My cutter has one. Also,my cutter,like a computer,has a power supply that converts AC to DC. IT could be bad.

I don't know a thing about cars...but I can spot a lose wire or a hose that has come off.When all else fails,take the thing apart,give it  good sniff and see if you smell something burning.Look for a wire that doesn't connect to anthing..make sure everything is on its track...it ain't gonna fix itself and the local fix-it guy won't be much help either. Like the song says...when you've got nothing,you've got nothing to lose.

Just some thoughts,probably worthless in the extreme..

Yea, sorry. Only know about the cutters we sell so far, and still learning. You'll want to check with Roland.

:)

This cutter IS acutally a USCutter Refine. We are getting him taken care of.