Sign in to follow this  
routesmith

Creating Stripes

In this tutorial I would like to explain how I created these stripes:

there really isnt much to it.

0. measure the length of stripe needed (In the test subjects case (My wife's Mini Cooper) it is 35")

1. open SignBlazer

2. select the "Square" button (I quote it because in small icon size toolbar like I use all the buttons are square so this is the square "square" button :) )

3. Make a long rectangle

4. boom, there is your stripe, now multiply it if you need more so you dont waste the vinyl.

5. you can add tracer lines around the outside for added effect.(Please check out the attached file of my stripes)

6. load vinyl and check to make sure that your paper is not moving sideways and with the buttons make sure that the vinyl is stays as straight as possible

7. our favourite part.... CUT!!

Hope this helps someone

Wayne

post-2294-12986518297003_thumb.jpg

mini-fixed.SBD

post-2294-12986518315924_thumb.jpg

mini-fixed.SBD

Great job!

I'd like to add... on a cut that long, check your vinyl alignment 2 or 3 times in the "offline" mode prior to cutting so you don't get that drifting effect we all have probably experience atleast once before.

thanks Firemalt, good point, that really is KEY unless someone wants curved stripes, lol.

Wayne

I don't see any reason to cut stripes this size unless you have the vinyl with minimal waste. I just order a roll of material the correct width. Less waste and time. My 2cts

There are tracer stripes on each side (for lack of a better word) and its not a standard size, but yes taking them from a 6" roll would have been a good idea, although this is the free avery vinyl, so it was free anyways and I screwed up the first set of stripes by double cutting them so this was leftover :huh:

Wayne

I don't see any reason to cut stripes this size unless you have the vinyl with minimal waste. I just order a roll of material the correct width. Less waste and time. My 2cts

Also if there are other features you want to make out of the same color of vinyl, why not just cut it all yourself.

plus you can add text or diagonal lines to make it even snazzier, no fun in just getting a roll of narrow vinyl - might as well use masking tape and a tin of spray paint :-)

Decca.