Sign in to follow this  
Charger_ff

Horse Show

I took my gear to a local horse show this weekend to get my hobby out there for more work to come my way.   I did several jobs.  1 was to create a decal from a horse brand.  the other was simple.    From there I have a job request from University of Kentucky rodeo team and gotten invited to another rodeo.

The guy with that wanted the horse brand commented that the one I did was far more better then the one he got from the state fair.  Said that he handed him a hand drawing of the brand and did a poor job.   I free handed this one, and was told that it was really great.   I didn't have time to get a picture of the decal on the trailer.  it was done in black.   this is a sample that I showed the customer.

post-23198-0-61114700-1441023670_thumb.j

post-23198-0-94257700-1441023685_thumb.j

post-23198-0-89367200-1441027477_thumb.j

What happen to the "V" It looks off?

The brand does look cool but practice with your nodes a little more. The B would look much better with less flat spots and better curves. 

Keep practicing. Its a "fun" "hobby"

The brand does look cool but practice with your nodes a little more. The B would look much better with less flat spots and better curves. 

Keep practicing. Its a "fun" "hobby"

I agree something like this

post-2057-0-42365700-1441502758_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Mess with the node options in your program. There should be smooth or symmetric options for nodes. Try those out for the curves and probably less nodes. 

Its a good niche you have. Just practice manual tracing some more. 

• Like 4

Is there a help section? Usually F1 will bring up a help section and you can search from there, otherwise start clicking away, and look for something that says break path or something like tat and do some node editing, I don't use that software but I'm thinking it has it somewhere. Or search her for node editing in Sign Blazer 

any idea where in sign blazer to help smooth   etc

Just draw your box around it then double click it and the nodes will appear in pink, hen just play with them by right clicking or delete them by holding you arrow over them and hit the delete button.  If you went to far just hit undo

I am not a sign blazer user so my help is limited but there will be a way to use smooth nodes when you hand trace stuff. In AI if you just click the mouse button it will put sharp nodes like you have used which are primarily used for corners and a click and drag motion will draw out the handles and create a smooth node. Each program is a little different in the process but the basic idea is the same. There is also usually a way to convert nodes from one type to another after the fact but its usually the slower way to do it. 

Inkscape! Its a great program. Totally free and so powerful. Ive bought software and still go back to inkscape for design work. 

Theres tons of info out there about how to use it. Youll learn very quick.

Theres a few short comings in the software but its free so you just work with it. 

Just make sure you save your files in .eps for signblazer and ALSO in .svg so you can open back up in inkscape to edit the file. Thats probably the biggest problem but its easy to over come.

• Like 1

I vote Inkscape too. If you bought a cutter that came with Sure Cuts A Lot it will accept the native .svg files right out of Inkscape and there may even be a plug-in you can install into Inkscape to let you cut from Inkscape through SCALP without having to transfer from one program to the other. I Use AI but still stick my cut files on a thumb drive and go cut from a different computer. I am often busy designing while the cutter is running so I prefer them separate anyway.