Signs and Designs

Vinyl master pro Ver 4

I just upgraded from VM 2.99 in the old program I could make borders real fast by selecting borders and typing in width, length, radius, and width of border. Where can you do that in version 4. I other where do you edit design there used to be a drop down edit design. WOW so much change I will have a lot of questions bear with me and thanks in advance. Bob

You're the first person I've read on here who used the older versions. I started with V4 but hopefully somebody can help you explain where things went (I'm a horrible teacher).

Thanks Jaybird yes have used the program for a while I think from around 2002. Anyone with ver. 4 how do you put a border lets say on a street sign 18x24 . the border you want is 17" wide 23" high .50 radius corners and .250 in thickness. what are the steps...  Thanks Bob

I use the outline tool to get the border however I have the same question about how to do it with a radiused corner. I usually step back to corel when I run into that just because I know how to do it in there.

post-43059-0-63733600-1441116033_thumb.j

Create a box or circle with the shape tools on the left.

There will be adjustments nodes on the created shape,

Shown on the inset at F. Click-drag nodes B and C on the

filled box to modify it to a border.

(Of coarse there is no radius node on a circle or ellipse)

Make sure the flyout (A) is open and exposing adjustments for

Corner Style, Thickness, etc (D).

The box size can be adjusted numerically at E.

• Like 3

Thanks Skarekrow, that worked pretty good, as for the thickness of the border what is up with the percent, any way to turn that to inches?

On the other hand something I found out is: pull a guide line from the side and as you go across your sign when it reaches the middle the number turns red. pretty neat...