I'm confused about the bottom part (media).

Are you referring to Substrate as "media"?

Basically you are brand new on the forum and basically all of your posts have been promoting a program you are working on that we assume is for sale. As skeeter posted on the other thread, there have been a couple offered up free of charge that actually work pretty good if you are into that kind of thing. Personally I just figure each job out rather than trusting a calculator that can easily have wrong or missing variables. Everyone is different though. Kind of hard to see someone whom we have no background on pushing a product on the forum. When you did post it here in a more proper section you pulled it as soon as someone asked the first question.  

My calculator works perfectly fine, pencil is always sharp and I always have a notebook laying around to figure in. You know when I was your age...

• Like 1

Basically you are brand new on the forum and basically all of your posts have been promoting a program you are working on that we assume is for sale. As skeeter posted on the other thread, there have been a couple offered up free of charge that actually work pretty good if you are into that kind of thing. Personally I just figure each job out rather than trusting a calculator that can easily have wrong or missing variables. Everyone is different though. Kind of hard to see someone whom we have no background on pushing a product on the forum. When you did post it here in a more proper section you pulled it as soon as someone asked the first question.  

No it's because I got blasted for it. I completely  understand it was my first post. I have read this forum for awhile since I've started vinylwork. Half the questions here are how do I price my...not everyone knows how to use excel or enter variables. The calc we have created is customizable and you create profiles for what ever media (vinyl) you are using to help you generate more accurate selling prices. 

Maybe I should have been more clear as I posted trying to see if there was interest in a simple and easy to use stand alone calculator. Which we will be working on an android and IOS version if there's a need for it. Wouldn't it be nice to have a program on phone you can just fill in the clients information and give them a fairly accurate quote? 

No it's because I got blasted for it. I completely  understand it was my first post. I have read this forum for awhile since I've started vinylwork. Half the questions here are how do I price my...not everyone knows how to use excel or enter variables. The calc we have created is customizable and you create profiles for what ever media (vinyl) you are using to help you generate more accurate selling prices. 

Maybe I should have been more clear as I posted trying to see if there was interest in a simple and easy to use stand alone calculator. Which we will be working on an android and IOS version if there's a need for it. Wouldn't it be nice to have a program on phone you can just fill in the clients information and give them a fairly accurate quote? 

A phone app would be pretty cool and probably sell to someone. 

I didn't slam you for your idea.  I slammed you for your approach.  Just signed up..you even stated, new to the vinyl world...No experience at all. Then you spammed your product right to a thread where a person is asking a question on pricing...  Your approach should have been.  " I have a product that you might be interested in  that may help you.  PM me for details."  or something to that effect...But you didn't do that.  You spammed your product, photos and all right to that thread.. No mention that it cost or was FREE,  I can only assume it cost. .Were you expecting somebody to just throw some money at someone who has no background or reputation on this forum.? Yes, I think so.   And there are other good programs that are free..  I would also have no use for it. I can look at a design and know what I am charging for it.  I don't care what others charge. They can take it or leave it...

• Like 1

I didn't slam you for your idea.  I slammed you for your approach.  Just signed up..you even stated, new to the vinyl world...No experience at all. Then you spammed your product right to a thread where a person is asking a question on pricing...  Your approach should have been.  " I have a product that you might be interested in  that may help you.  PM me for details."  or something to that effect...But you didn't do that.  You spammed your product, photos and all right to that thread.. No mention that it cost or was FREE,  I can only assume it cost. .Were you expecting somebody to just throw some money at someone who has no background or reputation on this forum.? Yes, I think so.   And there are other good programs that are free..  I would also have no use for it. I can look at a design and know what I am charging for it.  I don't care what others charge.

I would love to see this free program.  Also new does not mean I don't know what I'm doing. I never once asked for money for the program I also posted a pic to show the UI and just because I understand how to calculate pricing easily does not mean everyone does. Go read the forum there's a ton of threads asking for pricing help. 

I'll be waiting to take a look at what out is you use and since it's "free" you won't mind posting it.

I would love to see this free program. 

I posted the links to it on the other thread, yesterday.  It's really not rocket science, to figure out what vinyl cost...  Like you said" Your new to the vinyl world"

Links are still there.....what are you waiting for?? 

That's a website NOT a stand alone customizable calculator. I'm not saying it's not a good calc but its not great or complete.

Actually my software.. Flexidesigner10 has it built into the program, if I wanted to use it also.

There are also others that you can purchase and free

http://thesignexpert.com/sign-pricing-calculators/vinyl-calculator/

http://www.estimatesoftware.com/plugins/rta

http://www.vinylsignpricecalculator.com/

http://www.lettersunlimited.com/price.php

How am I supposed to use this calculator that you are referring to?   I don't own a cell phone.. So do I have to  go buy a phone now?   Not gonna happen.

Actually my software.. Flexidesigner10 has it built into the program, if I wanted to use it also.

There are also others that you can purchase and free

http://thesignexpert.com/sign-pricing-calculators/vinyl-calculator/

http://www.estimatesoftware.com/plugins/rta

http://www.vinylsignpricecalculator.com/

http://www.lettersunlimited.com/price.php

How am I supposed to use this calculator that you are referring to?   I don't own a cell phone.. So do I have to  go buy a phone now?   Not gonna happen.

It's pc based you do have one of those don't you?

Yep  sure do.  I don't need my PC to figure it...I have my brain.. and it works just fine. No electric, no batteries.  Goes everywhere.

Good luck with your project.  You can't sell me on it...

Yep  sure do.  I don't need my PC to figure it...I have my brain.. and it works just fine. No electric, no batteries.  Goes every where.

Good for you....glad to know your smarter than the rest. I'm done with you time to get some bug spray and get rid of the mosquito.

search pricing calculator on here. There have been at least a dozen posted for free. Personally I prefer past experience and a pen and paper.

• Like 2

SSSoooooooo........................

Let's hear alittle background Scooby.  

How many years have you been doing vinyl work?  

What's been your hardest install?

How are you rating weeding difficulty?

How are you rating installs?

• Like 1

search pricing calculator on here. There have been at least a dozen posted for free. Personally I prefer past experience and a pen and paper.

See that's the kind of answer I was looking for. I did not come here to start a war. I had a need for a calculator and could not find one to fit my needs so we created one. Yes it's still a work in progress. I never once asked for money. I mearly asked if anyone was interested. I wanted to find out what people would like and want so these things could get implamented and we could create an all in one. Something quick and simple to use. It creates profiles on what media you have and the price you paid for it and it would calculate the actual cost and sell for price. It also shows you how much you paid per sq in for your media (vinyl) so you could determain how much you wanted to make your sale for cost per sq inch. I read thread after thread on how much should I charge so I thought there was a need for it. Once again I never ask for money or to try and sell it. I can clearly see there is no demand for it here and a couple of people run this form. I did not come here to start a war and I apologize to the inocent people that got cought up in it. I'll go back to being a lurker and just keep my mouth closed from here on out. 

Jaybird thank you for professional answer.

• Like 1

I think people misinterpreted your intentions (myself included) which is why I stayed back to see how it played out. All are welcome here just need to spend a little time with us so we get to know you better as you get to know us.

• Like 3

I think you need a scooby snack....

MMM Scooby Snacks :)

• Like 2