Sign in to follow this  
HorseBiz

Software in Demo mode... Help!

Just got my new cutter today. The MH 871-MK2. Had a few issues but seemed to get them worked out, it is afterall, new to me. Familiar with cutting and making signs and label, and heat pressing. That all done from my Cameo. Now time to move up. I can cut, but each time a message pops up saying your software is in Demo mode and you will experience horizontal lines thru your cut. UGH!! I have no clue how to turn off the Demo mode. Can anyone help me?? Thanks in advance

post-94588-0-06386000-1440907675_thumb.j

Did that one at least 6 times, just wont take it. Even thought I had fat fingered it and double and triple checked. The past two days so far of owning my new cutter have been less than stellar. 

Did that one at least 6 times, just wont take it. Even thought I had fat fingered it and double and triple checked. The past two days so far of owning my new cutter have been less than stellar. 

"If you view the About box in Sure Cuts A Lot and it shows your name and serial number, the software is activated ok."

So does it show your name and serial number in the About box?

If it does, try rebooting your computer.

Did that as well. It's just been a heck of an ordeal. Ended up having to go get a new computer due to trying to download this program on the old computer and it crashed. No fault of the program, lol but dang! So got a new computer and everything is going good, until I try to activate the software. I didnt think much of it at first, then when I got a few more bugs ironed out and was cutting these lines thru my design, and got that message, totally confused. Thats the blonde in me. But of course doing everything that I'm prompted to and what you have said, nothing is working. 

Nope my name and serial aren't there. 

Uninstall and reinstall  SCALP.

They do have their own forum..at Craftedge.com

You may need to contact craftedge for support. It's possible you have a bad license or used up your allotted activations.

If you bought a brand new computer with windows 10 you may be fighting that. I have read that 10 is giving people trouble with the budget cutters. 

• Like 1

Wildgoose is correct, if you are using Windows 10,  most likely the MH is not even going to run on it.  There are no Windows 10 drivers for the value cutters. So even if you get thru this Demo Mode problem,  (which may very well be too many times installed)  the cutter may not work with the Windows 10   Already a lot of reports on that.  Value cutters not working on Windows 10.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/49546-titan-2-and-windows-10-not-working/?hl=%2Bwindows+%2B10

My SC model from U S Cutter gave me problems with Windows 10. Went back to windows 7 and back in business. Just my $.02

well, at least now I know not to go to W10. USC will help. Give them a call or email. Pretty quick I have found

Hey everyone, i had to spend over 12 hours just getting my pixmax cutter installed, even to the point of downgrading the pc from windows 10 as i found on forums that it wasnt the best operating sytem to use. I am now using windows 7 and have managed to get the cutter installed now. I have got signcut pro 2 and easy cut studio which both currently are demo/trial versions. I have managed to cut on easy cut studio but am getting lines through my logo, i would really appreciate any help or advice as im really in need to get this going. Thank you so much and lookomg forward to a reply if some one could help me with this problem please. ive managed to attach a picture to show you what i mean. Andy.

IMG_7347.JPG

You have to purchase and activate the software. As long as the software is in demo mode it will cut lines thru the design. 

• Like 2

SignCut free demo was always true cutting but maybe a limited max size. They may have changed that though. SignCut has actual people you can talk to from their tech support. Log a support ticket on their website and they will respond and get you going. I am a very staunch supporter for the SignCut team those guys are really awesome and their program will work on either pc OR mac so you don't have to be limited once you get it. I run the older Pro1 version which does no design work but is about as handy a cutting interface as I have used. With a lifetime dongle you can load it on any computer you want and just plug your dongle (usb key) in and cut. I keep in on all my computers so I never have to worry about any kind of crash. 

• Like 1