I have a customer who wants to have a decal made for his trailer. It is in brushed chrome and well be 8" x 10.66 feet long. He will be putting it on so my cost is just the cutting of the decal. Any help with price would be great. I usually do so much a square inch but it has been awhile since I have done something so big and in the brushed chrome.

Thanks!

Christi

Maybe I'm missing something but if you have it on hand you should have about as good a handle on the material cost as anyone could. Figure a little for masking then take a WAG at the cut and weed labor and add it all up then add some mark-up and you will know what you SHOULD do it for. 

Thanks. I will figure it out. I have a few other sign people within a 50 mile radius and just don't want to charge to low or to high. I know some people on here charge $3 a sq ft. Some charge more. Some do it by the inch. I haven't been doing all that much in the past few years for decals so I feel a bit out of the loop. I don't want to charge 5 cents a sq inch when others are charging 15 etc.

Thanks,

Christi

Thanks. I will figure it out. I have a few other sign people within a 50 mile radius and just don't want to charge to low or to high. I know some people on here charge $3 a sq ft. Some charge more. Some do it by the inch. I haven't been doing all that much in the past few years for decals so I feel a bit out of the loop. I don't want to charge 5 cents a sq inch when others are charging 15 etc.

Thanks,

Christi

I hear you but in the end it really only matters what you DO charge. If some fool was doing the whole thing for a dollar would you want to compete with him? As long as you are making what you think is acceptable then the competition can go play with themselves in the corner for all I care. Ha ha!

• Like 1

I agree with you Wildgoose...   sdgirl,  you only know what your overhead is,  and how much you paid for the vinyl.and your expenses.Others may be using a value cutter, while your using a professional cutter.  (as an example) ..   I don't list my prices  what others have at all.  Many are under me..  And I am sure not lowering my prices to their give away prices.   And I get good money out of my vinyl graphics..  I sell to make my living.   Those cheap people are the ones that come here, and want to know how to make money to upgrade to a higher end cutter, like a Graphtec, Because they are selling their decals for a buck 99... :lol: and can only afford a value cutter.   There is no profit.

• Like 3

Thanks for the advice. I had an idea of what to charge so I will go with that. :)

• Like 1

Thanks Scooby. I do have a program from here that helps calculate the cost per inch.

Thanks Scooby. I do have a program from here that helps calculate the cost per inch.

Oh OK what program ?

I am not sure what the name was on here or if the post is still here. Maybe if you search for it or if someone else has the link to it?

Hello this is my first time to post here and kind of new to the world of vinyl. My friend and I have put together a calculator that will help you figure cost per unit and the actual cost to make.. If your interested please let me know.

Unless this is FREE,,  you might consider putting it in the proper category instead of spamming it to questions...  BUY, SELL, TRADE....  or Instructional Contributions.   If it's FREE,, then post the link for your FREE service....in the correct category.

There is this cool program that I found on my computer called Excel that works pretty good too. Maybe you guys have it on yours you should check. He he he. 

Never mind you guys are right. All I tried to do was create an all in one customizable application. One that gives as much information as possible. As far as free I stated we are still working on it adding more features. Sorry I decided to post in this forum.