MadHatterGraphix

Trick Or Treat tote mock up

Been tossing this idea around for a couple of weeks and decided to do a mock up thanks to Primal Decals and some ooglin googlin. And this is one design I came up with. I will be using Siser glow in the dark HTV. Any and all comments are welcomed.

post-35756-0-25598800-1440559910_thumb.p

• Like 5

I like the idea!  Nice design.

Keeps kids safer at night.

Have you used the glow in the dark before?

How long does the glow last during the dark?

How long does the product life last over all and

still glow in the dark?

Sue2

Great Idea and they will look good

I like the idea!  Nice design.

Keeps kids safer at night.

Have you used the glow in the dark before?

How long does the glow last during the dark?

How long does the product life last over all and

still glow in the dark?

Sue2

I've done probably 20 shirts with Siser Glow in the Dark - out of a batch of a dozen, I had one weird, inexplicable failure where all the letters came off of the shirt - front and back while the other 11 were fine - all brand new shirts (purchased by the customer from Wal-Mart - I removed the stickers myself).   Other than that I've had no problems.

It takes quite a bit of light to charge it up.  I have a UV LED flashlight that will charge it up quickly, as will any black light or even a bright light bulb, but it takes a little longer.  The glow will last for a while, although it gets dim pretty quick - in complete darkness it will be visible for a couple of hours, though.

If you're thinking it's going to be a safety improvement, any sort of lights from cars or streetlights is going to be brighter than the glow - heat transfer reflective material would be a much safer choice - but it won't be as cool to kids as glow in the dark...

• Like 2

Thank you everyone the design was a thought after watching a Siser video. I have lots more ideas just have to buy the other materials.

OW exactly kids love glow in the dark that's basically why I went with it. Possibly going to offer it in reflective also. I figure the white would be safer than a lot of other colors I could have come up with.

I agree with everyone. Looks great. Id use a drippy font. And it looks like thats going to be the way you advertise them? Make the "Glows in the dark" capital and add an exclamation point. Theyll sell good. 

I was at some sort of summer sidewalk sale in the town of Pella, Iowa (home of Pella windows) and someone was selling packages of reflective vinyl Halloween silhouette stickers - little pumpkins, ghosts, skulls, etc. - about 15-18 to a sheet and 3-4 sheets per package for something stupid cheap like $0.50 per package.   They were manufactured and die-cut, not from someone's vinyl cutting business.

I bought several packages and cut them apart so I could give away individual stickers to kids and their parents before Halloween to put them on their bag or costume to make themselves visible and I would love to be able to find ultra-cheap low-grade reflective vinyl so I could make more to give away, but it seems like most places that sell cut-able vinyl only sell the better grades of material...

I was at some sort of summer sidewalk sale in the town of Pella, Iowa (home of Pella windows) and someone was selling packages of reflective vinyl Halloween silhouette stickers - little pumpkins, ghosts, skulls, etc. - about 15-18 to a sheet and 3-4 sheets per package for something stupid cheap like $0.50 per package.   They were manufactured and die-cut, not from someone's vinyl cutting business.

I bought several packages and cut them apart so I could give away individual stickers to kids and their parents before Halloween to put them on their bag or costume to make themselves visible and I would love to be able to find ultra-cheap low-grade reflective vinyl so I could make more to give away, but it seems like most places that sell cut-able vinyl only sell the better grades of material...

China ebay sellers I bet

I agree with everyone. Looks great. Id use a drippy font. And it looks like thats going to be the way you advertise them? Make the "Glows in the dark" capital and add an exclamation point. Theyll sell good. 

Holy pumpkin I had a ! at the end ahh my arch enemy the delete button was at it again.

• Like 1

They make glow in the dark spray paint. I think I saw some at hobby lobby. I dont know how transparent it is. Maybe you can use it as spray over laminate? Might be worth a try...