Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Does anyone have "Antique Shop" by Letterhead Fonts?

I recently changed jobs and now work as the head bartender at a local restaurant/brewery.  Our logo uses the Antique Shop font from LHF and I'd like to replicate it in some wooden beer sample paddles I'm working on creating with my CNC system and I can't justify spending $60 on a font for something I'm not going to make any money on.

If someone has the font, could they type out "Appanoose Rapids" and export it as curves to an .EPS or .AI for me?   I just need it in a straight line for what I'm doing - thanks!

post-24492-0-64398200-1440460831_thumb.p

This free font is pretty close to it, don't know if close is good enough for you though...

http://www.abstractfonts.com/font/14459

That may be close enough for what I'm trying to do.  If they like the way it looks and want an exact match, hopefully I can get them to pay me enough to buy the right font.

You can't be serious OW! Are you really asking someone to illegally pass on a copyrighted font? Come on man you've been around long enough to know how it works! Pay for it, make the sign, sell it to your employer and you'll have the font to use forever for future profits.

No he asked someone for an eps file of an image of their name. Since it wouldn't be editable file for example if something were misspelled he couldn't just backspace and retype it I'd say that is not a font file. If it makes you feel better charge him a dollar for your design time.

• Like 1

When I read the topic I thought the same thing you did. I thought OW went over to the dark side.

• Like 1

Sorry, perhaps I wasn't clear in my request.  I just want a curves export file of the words "Appanoose Rapids" in that font - no font files, nothing that I can abuse or re-use for something else.

We are a micro-brewery and produce several in-house beers and always have four different house beers on tap.  We have wooden paddles that have indentations to hold four small glasses (maybe 4 oz. each?) - they're very basic and boring (the paddles, not the beers*) - and for $5 you can get a sample paddle and try all 4 house beers and a free "I Got Paddled At Appanoose Rapids" button (made by me).

I wanted to make a few paddles in walnut with our name carved into them to show the boss, but didn't want to invest $60 for a font that I may never use or make money off of (it looks like a nightmare to weed!) - at least not until I'm sure there is a sale involved.   We only have 8 paddles, so even if I replaced them I'd only be making 8 and dividing $60 by 8 means that $7.50 of every paddle is going to just cover the cost of the font, so even if he does pay for them, I won't be making a whole lot, but as long as I don't go negative on a job like this, I'm OK.

post-24492-0-36920700-1440527847_thumb.p

*As of Sunday, our four house beers on tap were a Galaxy IPA, an Oatmeal Stout, a Scottish Ale and a Classic Wheat.

• Like 3