Sign in to follow this  
dirtrocker

Koozie, mug wraps or what ever you call them.

So I got some "beverage insulators" and did a test one and it came out great, but because of the way I did it, I didn't get the paper centered and ended up with a gap. 
So it got me thinking, How are you doing these?

Do you make 2 images and press them one at a time, flipping it over when you press?

And how are you making sure you are lining up the image to do both sides?

I have an idea of how I think I want to do it, but I don't want to re-invent the wheel if someone is already having success with a certain way of handling these.

My little brother builds rat rods, so a lot of folks have shown interest in having some beverage insulators with their rat rods on them, so I might be doing a bunch of them. It's funny that more have shown interest in the "koozies", than in the coffee cups.

But then again, the fire department guys are more interested in the coffee cups, than the koozies.

I do have a template. I think the problem I'm running into is how to line up the overlap from one side to the other. Are you taping it off?

I don't use a pattern that needs to meet at the seams. I would think that would be a nightmare due to slight variance in the cutting and sewing of the koozie during production.

I use to use a general template now I don't then if your trying to go over the stitching sure the background is larger than the koozie, then press with firm pressure. You may have to buy a press perfect pad or a small teflon pillow for even pressure, think of the stitching on the koozie as a seam on a t-shirt.

I think I got it now. Thanks!

Now, the other question.

Are more folks asking for the foldable or the wraps with the velcro?

I kind of like the ones with the velcro, but most the guys I deal with said they like the foldable ones.

All that sell here are the foldable ones. Can't give away the velcro ones.

All that sell here are the foldable ones. Can't give away the velcro ones.

That's cause the beverage doesn't slip out of the bottom like the velcro. I have no idea what they were thinking when they came out with the velcro. Imagine all the lost beer if you get drunk and grab the the velcro version. SO much alcohol abuse.

• Like 2

That's cause the beverage doesn't slip out of the bottom like the velcro. I have no idea what they were thinking when they came out with the velcro. Imagine all the lost beer if you get drunk and grab the the velcro version. SO much alcohol abuse.

ROFL!

Hadn't thought about that. I see the reasoning now.

Thanks!

• Like 1

ROFL!

Hadn't thought about that. I see the reasoning now.

Thanks!

Sometimes I think too much like that lol. Like Spilled Coca-cola is coke abuse.

But they are perfect to wrap around your motorcycle forks. 

But they are perfect to wrap around your motorcycle forks. 

Oh man, that opens up numerous possibilities. LOL!