Ang7399

Used plotters

Does anyone sell used plotters? I'm not sure if this is allowed, but I'm looking for an inexpensive plotter that works. I do part time out of my house, so a 15" or 24" would be fine. The one I have has finally died on me.

I have a creation p cut table top. I posted a few months ago about the screen display not working. Well I got it back up for a day. Now it's not responding again. The display is flickering on and off, so I'm thinking electrical. The guy I got it from said he had some issues with it doing this before, but he just turned it back off and on again and it was fine. Not so much anymore! And I'm in upstate NY, and would be willing to travel around my area a bit to pick one up.

I found 2 options maybe on Craig's list in my area, just waiting for a response.

When the display is not working,  It may very well be the kill switches on the inside frame...  Have you tried pushing them in. 

It could be a $10 fix if you can find one...

Normally on a Creation machine the screen going blank or displaying black boxes means that one of the kill switches is being depressed. The kill switches are located on each inner wall, if either of these are pressed down the machine will cease all activity until the button isn't being pressed anymore. These kill switches are there to protect the motor that moves the carriage. In order to fix the problem turn the machine off, move the carriage off of the kill switch gently, then turn the machine back on. If the screen is still blank then tap each kill switch to see if they are stuck down. If this does not fix your problem you should get a hold of our tech support team.

I've already checked the kill switches, the head isn't anywhere near them and they are not pressed in. If there is a part I can get, I'd rather do that! Is the support team avail on weekends?

I've already checked the kill switches, the head isn't anywhere near them and they are not pressed in. If there is a part I can get, I'd rather do that! Is the support team avail on weekends?

Uscutter no longer sells the PCUT,  so out of parts.  But can be purchased from Creation,  Look down the page   Called stop switch.

http://www.creation.com.hk/eng/onlineshop.asp

They also offer support.   They make these machines.

It could be the  LCD screen   They have that also.

Any replacement parts would still be cheaper than buying another cutter.

I found 2 options maybe on Craig's list in my area, just waiting for a response.

What are the options?   Some brands are not worth it...

The brand i found was one I've used before. I was just asking for more info from the seller, they both listed 'sign shop supplies' and I asked if they had a plotter they were selling, the one listed was an hp.

I opened up the side of the plotter and looked around, there was one wire that was touching a screw so I bent it out of the way, but everything is glued in place so it doesn't come loose. But it's working for the moment. I'm not sure what it could be. My electrical in my house is old so my husband suggested it was that? I tried another outlet for now, we'll see how it holds up