rudedog

Time to upgrade the Copam - need help deciding

My Copam 2500 is still going strong and cutting great (knock on wood).  However it's loud and does not contour cut

I mainly cut window decals (651) for local car groups and just started selling hood strut wraps and other items, mostly for car enthuisets so I'm making some money on these side projects and getting known around town.

I really want to branch out to do more full color shirts and decals, thus the contour cutting is my next step.

I need at least 24".  I was looking at the roland GX24 and Graphtec but then started reading reviews of the Titan 3 (28") and that seems really nice for the money.  I'm not a full blown professional.  I started out and still do most of my cutting for myself and friends for free (other then material) to learn and gain exsperiance. I actuallyl like creating the artwork more then cutting. 

While I really like the roland, it does not come with a stand. I've checked my local craigslist however they are asking way too much for used Graphtec

Am I foolish considering the Titan 3 over a Graphtech and Roland machine in my situation?  I really hate spending money twice.  I would also like to pickup a nice heat press for shirts so saving some money on the cutter is a win win for me.

Thanks for the help

As in why buy the Corvette when you can drive a Hyundai for $100 less? 

I would spend the extra and get a Graphtec or Roland. Supposedly the Rolands are easier to use for contour cutting. I have a Graphtec and the contour cutting works fine for me but I don't have a Roland to compare it to.

My Titan2 has given me great service for a year and a half...never a problem...and I hear the Titan3 is even better. And it's on sale now. Personally, I would never buy a used cutter on ebay. It's a gamble from the beginning.

oh, and the Titan3 has a full 2 year warranty.

There are a lot of people who will tell you to buy a graphtec who have never seen or used a Titan. I have...and plenty.

• Like 1

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BannerJohn" data-cid="401363" data-time="1440296641"><p>

My Titan2 has given me great service for a year and a half...never a problem...and I hear the Titan3 is even better. And it's on sale now. Personally, I would never buy a used cutter on ebay. It's a gamble from the beginning.<br />

<br />

oh, and the Titan3 has a full 2 year warranty.<br />

<br />

There are a lot of people who will tell you to buy a graphtec who have never seen or used a Titan. I have...and plenty.</p></blockquote>

And I bet you drive a chevy too lol.truth is anything above a mh can do great work and even a few mh's can but the higher up you go the easier it gets. I have been hearing good about the titans.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BannerJohn" data-cid="401363" data-time="1440296641"><p>

My Titan2 has given me great service for a year and a half...never a problem...and I hear the Titan3 is even better. And it's on sale now. Personally, I would never buy a used cutter on ebay. It's a gamble from the beginning.<br />

<br />

oh, and the Titan3 has a full 2 year warranty.<br />

<br />

There are a lot of people who will tell you to buy a graphtec who have never seen or used a Titan. I have...and plenty.</p></blockquote>

And I bet you drive a chevy too lol.truth is anything above a mh can do great work and even a few mh's can but the higher up you go the easier it gets. I have been hearing good about the titans.

Yes I drive a Chevy...I inherited  Ford once and gave it away just to get it out of my driveway.

few questions and overview so far

- Titan 3 - with stand and RazorCut (PC) or SignCut (Mac) Servo  28" - $1095

- Roland - no stand  comes with cutstudio  (PC) servo - 24"  $1495 or forum ad shows $1295 (confused on price)

- Graphtec - stand ?? (does not say but shows it) Graphtec Studio Software (Included) Servo - 24"  $1745

Software question, what is the best software that comes with the above?   Currently using SCAL PRO 4 and like it alot. I can inport and vectorize JPG files I design in Photoshop.  However I'm looking more for the contour cut part of the software and ease of use.

Looks like I'm down to the Roland or Titan 3 right now as I don't want to spend $1700+.  If I can get the Roland for 1295 I may jump on that.  Need to call UScutter during the week.  I may also be able to modify my Copam stand for the roland but I like the idea of 4 extra inches with the Titan 3...  grrrrrrrr

Thanks for all the feedback. 

Yes I drive a Chevy...I inherited  Ford once and gave it away just to get it out of my driveway.

Well since I'm supposed to be closing on some land out you way this week I'll be glad to pick up the next FORD and take it to a loving home.

few questions and overview so far

- Titan 3 - with stand and RazorCut (PC) or SignCut (Mac) Servo  28" - $1095

- Roland - no stand  comes with cutstudio  (PC) servo - 24"  $1495 or forum ad shows $1295 (confused on price)

- Graphtec - stand ?? (does not say but shows it) Graphtec Studio Software (Included) Servo - 24"  $1745

Software question, what is the best software that comes with the above?   Currently using SCAL PRO 4 and like it alot. I can inport and vectorize JPG files I design in Photoshop.  However I'm looking more for the contour cut part of the software and ease of use.

Looks like I'm down to the Roland or Titan 3 right now as I don't want to spend $1700+.  If I can get the Roland for 1295 I may jump on that.  Need to call UScutter during the week.  I may also be able to modify my Copam stand for the roland but I like the idea of 4 extra inches with the Titan 3...  grrrrrrrr

Thanks for all the feedback. 

When have you ever seen 28" vinyl? That 4" is pretty much useless. The Roland for 1295 I would jump all over if for no other reason than resale value if you decide to get out later on.

I must apologize for my earlier comment. I was not paying enough attention to notice that the $1195 Graphtec was just a 15" machine. I thought the price was much closer between it and the Titan. Jay is right about the 28" number also because vinyl is either 24" or 30" 

IMO you want a stand and a material catcher if you are cutting from rolls. Things you might consider also are the Titan comes with an option to add a static kit. Not an expensive item but Summa, Graphtec and Roland have no issues with static to need any kind of kit. The Titan is probably made in China, the Roland and Graphtec in Japan and Summa in Belgium, with cutters you do get what you pay for. From what I have seen over the last 5 years Graphtec probably has the biggest following overall for basic cutting machines and that apparently comes from the combination of price, quality and name recognition. This also comes into play should you ever try to resell the unit. I'm not trying to sway young way of the other just pointing out the difference. 

• Like 1

Never thought of the 28inch vs actual material size. Regarding static. Never had any issues down here in Florida with my copam will call tomorrow for the actual price on the Roland.

Thanks again

Never thought of the 28inch vs actual material size. Regarding static. Never had any issues down here in Florida with my copam will call tomorrow for the actual price on the Roland.

Thanks again

I have never had any static issues on my Titan either...probably because the cutter attaches to the stand with screws and doesn't require grounding. I guess it could vary in different areas.

I might add, I am posting this on a Mac, made in China...while talking on my phone, made in China.... you get the picture. I don't think that being made in China is an issue or has anything to do with anything. All I can do is speak from experience.

I have never had any static issues on my Titan either...probably because the cutter attaches to the stand with screws and doesn't require grounding. I guess it could vary in different areas.

I might add, I am posting this on a Mac, made in China...while talking on my phone, made in China.... you get the picture. I don't think that being made in China is an issue or has anything to do with anything. All I can do is speak from experience.

Not much not made there John even things I thought was USA made are made in China

• Like 1

Just got off a live chat with UScutter. 0

It seems that the BIG ROLAND GX-24 Forum ad for $1295, that's been up a while, is not honored anymore and the real price is $1495.   I asked why that ad was stil up and they said they will let the admin know that it needs to come down. 

Lets see how long it takes UScutter to remove that ad.   I don't think they want to mislead anyone on the correct price. 

If you really want to do contour cutting, I haven't ready any complaints from the Rolands. My older graphtec works really well, but took some dialing in and adjustments....

Well after getting some very bad sales support via the US cutter online chat where I was basicly told tough, there was a mistake on the web site - deal with it.     I order a Titan 3 and what do I find, the Roland back down to $1295...   What is going on with UScutter lately, does anyone in sales/support have a clue?

I just sent them a message, lets see how they handle this as I've received word my order has shipped already.

Call them. Online is a waste of time IMO and I have had to call before to get things straightened out.