BannerJohn

the joke

Walmart is take back just about ANYTHING!!! Heard Rodney Carrington(comedian) talk about takinh back a box of used baby diapers, lol... something to the fact that he hadn't bought new diapers in 3 years.

Walmart has it's pros and cons..........one time my daughter was rudely talked to by an associate on the floor....I contacted the store manager and my daughter received a $20.00 gift card....I was really surprised.  Like I said I'm not backing Walmart, I'm just saying SOME people do mean well.........not the store in general.

Walmart has it's pros and cons..........one time my daughter was rudely talked to by an associate on the floor....I contacted the store manager and my daughter received a $20.00 gift card....I was really surprised.  Like I said I'm not backing Walmart, I'm just saying SOME people do mean well.........not the store in general.

It's not the employees,or the managers that make Walmart the evil empire that it is...it's what goes on behind the scenes. "Always low prices" yes,but at what cost?

The walmart of today is Not Sam Walton's Walmart....and you can blame that on the greed of his children.

Oh I believe that John,......like the greed of Exxon and the oil moguls??  ;D

exactly. It's never enough,no matter how much you have. No matter who you have to destroy,mistreat,etc.

The thing I hate about Walmart is they open a store, and move out in five years, and then there's a huge empty building sitting there... so big, that most other companies can't make use of it.

The thing I hate about Walmart is they open a store, and move out in five years, and then there's a huge empty building sitting there... so big, that most other companies can't make use of it.

and do you know what? They could care less.  How the impact a town is their least concern.

Correct... suck them dry, and move on to another spot.

I don't know how old most of you are...but the America I grew up in (late 50's,early 60's) doesn't exist anymore,and Walmart is the biggest reason. If they ever get into the sign business,we'll all be out of work...they will make sure of it.

So many ways of the past are gone, unfortunately.  Just think of how many children today will grow up never knowing 'the good ole times' We had this one Walmart pack up build a BRAND NEW building just a block away and move in there, leaving the old one still sitting vacant after 1 year!! It's becoming such an eye sore.  Truely sad.

So many ways of the past are gone, unfortunately.  Just think of how many children today will grow up never knowing 'the good ole times' We had this one Walmart pack up build a BRAND NEW building just a block away and move in there, leaving the old one still sitting vacant after 1 year!! It's becoming such an eye sore.  Truely sad.

If I had the money to do it...a building like that would make an excellent bowling alley on one side,skating rink on the other. I don't bowl but my very first job when I was 15 was at a skating rink. Ah,the memories...I can still tell you how many ball bearings each wheel had.

So funny you said that John.

Just came from dinner with the wife and kiddos and when we were leaving I noticed a banner hanging on the vacant walmart buiding. It has been empty for at least 4-5 years when they built a super walmart a few miles down the road. But the banner said comming soon, Memory Lanes Family Fun Center. Bowling alley, game room, resteraunt, indoor cornhole, and volley ball and more. A rednecks dream!(speaking from experience) Good to see it finally be put to use again!

Maybe you need to start looking for investors!

So funny you said that John.

Just came from dinner with the wife and kiddos and when we were leaving I noticed a banner hanging on the vacant walmart buiding. It has been empty for at least 4-5 years when they built a super walmart a few miles down the road. But the banner said comming soon, Memory Lanes Family Fun Center. Bowling alley, game room, resteraunt, indoor cornhole, and volley ball and more. A rednecks dream!(speaking from experience) Good to see it finally be put to use again!

Maybe you need to start looking for investors!

I just have to ask...what is an 'indoor cornhole'?

I am sure it is NOT what the term means around here.

John, I used to skate at a rink that was skating on one side and bowling on the other. I have never seen another one like it.

John, I used to skate at a rink that was skating on one side and bowling on the other. I have never seen another one like it.

they say you never forget your first love...well my first female love (whom I met at the skating rink,btw) is dead. But my first love before her was skating. Unfortunately, time and nature has not been kind to me and I don't skate anymore. But I would sure love to open a skating rink!

www.cornhole-game.org

I sometimes forget that we are all from different parts! Cornhole is a game similar to horse shoes in the way its played. We are campers and there ain't nuttin' like a good day of cornholin' :)

they say you never forget your first love...well my first female love (whom I met at the skating rink,btw) is dead. But my first love before her was skating. Unfortunately, time and nature has not been kind to me and I don't skate anymore. But I would sure love to open a skating rink!

I met my wife at the skating rink. We have been married for 18 years. Used to just about live there. Now the only time I go is with the kids.

Didn't meet my wife there but spent alot of time in the rink. Champ's Rollerdrome was the big one around here. Every friday night from 6 to midnight! And whenever else we could talk the parents or friends parents into takin' us!

All right now, This is an all skate. I want everyone on the floor!

Takes ya back!

It was Pattisons here. They had Super Sunday. Noon until 10:00 pm.