Sign in to follow this  
WadeLogan

DMDGraphics House Car Timeline 2012-2015

My wife and I started dating in August of 2012, and by December she and I had laid out the framework for our potential business idea -- race car wraps and decals. We both had come from racing backgrounds, she was a second generation racer, and I had worked in racing media for years as well as skip hopping around helping different tracks with promotion. By February on our low budget we had bought a new cutter from USCutter and a ridiculously unusable used 42" printer.

We called it Dead Man's Designs (Later changed to DMDGraphics to appeal to general business clients, we still use Dead Man's Designs for all race car branding though) 

We have one driver that we do multiple wraps a year for to showcase our styles and work, our family friend Jimmy Lennex, Jr. Jimmy races across multiple sanctions in 4-5 states a year, and travels to several larger PPV and broadcast races a year, a fullfilling achievement in me and wife's life was getting to watch cars we had designed and wrapped race on TV. He and his dad also help operate a tire shop in a little town on the Ohio/Kentucky border, and needless to say they've been the best publicity a business owner could have. 

These are a few of the wraps we've done with Lil' Jimmy

First wrap took us 4 hours to install, it was the first wrap we ever put on with no experience prior. It was also not laminated, rookie mistakes.
post-36244-0-91098900-1439997721_thumb.j

The red car was the third wrap.
post-36244-0-53513700-1439997840_thumb.j

My wife and I after install
post-36244-0-86167100-1439997846_thumb.j

His 4 year old son was a huge Grave Digger fan those days, so we did a Grave Digger theme
post-36244-0-24448300-1439997848_thumb.j

The blue car was the 5th wrap, and is probably my personal favorite.
post-36244-0-48617300-1439998025_thumb.j
  • Like 7

Nice job. My Colonel has been wanting me to wrap vehicles, but I just can't do it. My panels don't line up correctly.

Nice job. My Colonel has been wanting me to wrap vehicles, but I just can't do it. My panels don't line up correctly.

Maybe you could talk Booper into joining?

Edit: Forgot he jumped ship

Booper

Last Active Feb 09 2012 11:17 PM

I really like that Dirt Digger one. That's cool how you made that.

Thanks, boss! That seems to be a lot of peoples favorites despite it not being an original design. It was the only time we used matte laminate on a wrap and it looked freaking killer.