Sign in to follow this  
TauntDevil

Looking for a reasonably priced Wireless printer

Hello all.

So I am not exactly sure where to ask this but thought I would ask here.

Looking for a home/office wireless printer (due to space issues) that actually works.

I have tried many and it seems that no one makes a wireless printer. Says it on the box but doesnt actually work.

Of course, I dont need to print images, just data so normally 95% black and white. Of course, the cheaper the better.

Thanks.

I use a Small brother Laser printer I got at Walmart.....Very small footprint, wireless, Very Fast, it was about $100 if I remember correctly...And it is only Black and White....What you save in ink makes up the price difference

my epson 7510 and 7520 are wireless and I have used them both wireless at one point.

• Like 2

I use a Small brother Laser printer I got at Walmart.....Very small footprint, wireless, Very Fast, it was about $100 if I remember correctly...And it is only Black and White....What you save in ink makes up the price difference

Plus the LASER toner is powder that is heat set.

It doesn't dry up when not used much.

Here's a comparison:

http://tinyurl.com/5ujbg9t

Sue2

I've got an HP that will print wireless from the wife's HP laptop, but not with my Dell desktop. But now it doesn't think it has any ink carts, so it doesn't really matter.

I have an epson 7610 and 7620 that will both print wireless. In fact you can send stuff from an iPhone or iPad too. Pretty cool actually. About the only thing that doesn't work as expected is scanning because if file size it's too slow so when I need to scan something I drag a cord out and hook it direct. 

My small HP from WM is wireless and my Epson 7610 is.Gotta make sure you put in your wireless info

You need to connect via USB on most wireless printers first so that you can configure the printer and allow it to connect to your wireless network. I have never had a problem getting one to work.

I have an epson 4 color from WM as well.  I can print wireless just fine.  I too can print from my phone!  Can even print from my phone when not at home via the cloud!

• Like 1

I appreciate the recommendations everyone. I will look into the epson printer and see about getting one.

I have tried quite a few from HP to currently canon. HP always thinks there is no ink and Canon you have to install the cd everytime you want to use the thing. Or reconfigure the printer if you have a laptop and switched to a different wifi once. Even after you connect to the wifi the printer is configured too, it still wont work. I dont understand why these things have to be so difficult. Its literally like they try to make it difficult for some reason.

/end rant.

Thanks everyone!

My Epson Work Force Pro 4020 and WF7520 are both wireless and work great.   For just doing standard business stuff, I highly recommend the WFP4020 - CobraInk sells replacement refillable ink cartridges that hold 4 fluid ounces of each color ink - it's like having a CISS system built inside the printer.  It has wired ethernet, USB and WiFi, has a paper tray and a rear feed slot that will let you keep two types of paper loaded up and it prints very fast.

If you prefer an all-in-one solution (printer, copier, fax),  you can get the Epson WFP4530 from the Epson Outlet on ebay for $89 (with free shipping!) or upgrade to the WFP4540 for only $30 more - same system but it adds a second paper tray.

A filled set of 4 cartridges from CobraInk will set you back another $96 but they'll last you many months of normal use and you can buy individual bottles of refill ink to refill only the colors you're using (i.e., black).

I replaced an HP Laser Jet IV that I'd been using for 20 years with my 4020 and have never regretted it.

Forgot to add - the Epsons are Google Cloud Print compatible, so you can print from your Android phone or tablet, and they are remote print enabled, so you can install printer drivers on any internet connected computer and put in the special email address  you create when installing the printer originally and you can print from anywhere.  I have my mom's computer set up that way so she can print to my printer from her house.

Having the large ink cartridges inside rather than an external CISS system makes the printer more portable, too.  I take mine along to shows so I can print full color buttons on demand.