megadan

Sure Cuts Alot Pro 3 is cutting letters in the wrong place

Seems to happen randomly, ive read about it before but i cant find anything about it
I printed the same logo in three different places
2 of the logos came out fine but the next one in line shuffled the letters around, placing the "m" in the middle of the rest of the word that was being cut.. any insights?

I'm having the same problem. very frustrating, I'm going through so much vinyl with the mistakes that i'm barely breaking even on some projects. If anyone has a solution to this problem I would appreciate it. even a better software to use?

I'm having the same problem. very frustrating, I'm going through so much vinyl with the mistakes that i'm barely breaking even on some projects. If anyone has a solution to this problem I would appreciate it. even a better software to use?

You do not give enough info to help...What cutter?  connected how? Serial or USB? On what computer operating system?   Are you trying to cut multiple designs at one time? How big is the design your cutting?  Has the design ever cut correctly?

Start using pen and paper until you get it figured out.

Mz Skeeter, You are very informative! I've been reading through other threads and I think I have a few things to try. 

I have the MH721-MK2 model, and i'm using the USB hook up on a laptop with windows 7. this is my first plotter. in the beginning everything rocked and worked great and now i'm having the misplaced letters or lines through my designs, my software is registered and activated. 

I will change my hookup from the USB and try to eliminate some static. I do have a lot in the room i work in. how do you spray the static guard? like room spray around the machine?

I will also figure out how to hook up pen and paper to test. 

thank you!

• Like 1

also most of the sizes of my designs are no bigger than 10"x10", i do however do a few signs and i was having issues with a 7"x41" piece the last couple days

If going to serial, then purchase a serial card, or a Tripplite Keyspan Adapter, and a null modem cable... You would just spray the Static Guard in the area.  You can wipe your machine down with dryer sheets as well as your vinyl..  Thanks for the nice compliment.

The MH cutters are very limited on memory,  They are the bottom of the barrel cutters.

I had the same issue lastnight. I have a MH-871 and SCAL had crashed, then it started doing the weird random throwing letters in the wrong place...I rebooted my computer, and turned off the plotter for a few minutes and it worked great, until something crashed again.. SO.. my resolution is going to be...... getting new software. LOL

I had the same issue lastnight. I have a MH-871 and SCAL had crashed, then it started doing the weird random throwing letters in the wrong place...I rebooted my computer, and turned off the plotter for a few minutes and it worked great, until something crashed again.. SO.. my resolution is going to be...... getting new software. LOL

Just remember, the old and FREE program SignBlazer will run your machines.

http://support.uscutter.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/GetAttachment/190/24198