Sign in to follow this  
randalle

Anyone ever mount maxmetal to a corrugated steel building?

Sign is made out of maxmetal, and is 4' x 30'.  Do I need to build a framework or would  metal to metal roofing screws do the job?

The sheets are like 30lbs for a 4x10' section.

Most I have seen any where near that size are on a frame. Usually heavily galvanized. 

Thanks for the responses!  We went without the frame and screwed into each rib. 

Post a pic! Did it stay flat? Every one that I have seen anywhere near that length had a lot of undulating across the wall. I do smaller signs (Up to 10ft) blind mounted on standouts to help keep it flat. 

Post a pic! Did it stay flat? Every one that I have seen anywhere near that length had a lot of undulating across the wall. I do smaller signs (Up to 10ft) blind mounted on standouts to help keep it flat. 

It works fine I use a scrap of the metal with double sided tape and screws if the joints hit between ribs.

• Like 1

I too would like to see a pic of this 30' sign with screws every 8" or so...

I have never attempted a sign this long (or wide) before but my gut tells me to build a track top and bottom to slide the substrate into and cap the ends.

a frame is always preferable but on a building it will work if the customer does not want to cover the cost of a frame. during my 20 some odd years of sign installation I have mounted on many different surfaces.   max metal /  diabond  spans well