Sign in to follow this  
WadeLogan

Anyone know anyone who sells cutter parts?

Unfortunately my SC cutter took a big dump on me today. I can still cut some stuff on regular vinyl (half the time the carriage will start acting erratically and I have to reset or power down), but contour cutting has completely gone out the window. as well as many other issues. (Mostly just the carriage going nuts, dropping the blade, as well as it will start feeding vinyl out like crazy) After spending all day back and forth with USCutters tech support (who are seriously some of the best tech support reps I have ever worked with), we went through driver issues, I have grounded everything exactly as specified by tech support and still nothing. We finally narrowed the issue down to the motherboard... turns out USCutter won't have any in for a month.

I've had to close down my online stores (which are my sole income), my desktop cutter isn't anywhere near the size I need for what we do (and it's sitting in another state on top of that)

Does anyone sell or know of anyone or any place that sells motherboards for the SC cutter? Thanks in advanced!

I recommend the Graphtec CE6000-60. Did you check the UScutter website for parts?

why didn't I think of that lol

Backups for everything. I've been where you are and now live by 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

• Like 2

Yeah I've been looking for an upgrade today during the meltdown, unfortunately my budget doesn't exactly support an upgrade, if I were to get another machine right now it'd have to be a value machine again... My wife and I were planning on moving out of state at the beginning of the month to finally get our graphics business up and going. As for USCutter's website that's where I saw that they were out of stock. I was just curious if maybe someone had a parts machine or knew someone who serviced cutters themselves that would have something short notice. Something to atleast hold us over to a better situations so we can get a better machine, ideally. 

Thanks for the feedback though. Does anyone have any opinions on the LaserPoint II? If I have to get a new machine I need something between 36" and 50" wide, contour cut ready, better than the SC cutter for $1000 or less. Preferably less, just given the situation. 

I have a lp2 but really wasn't impressed with its contour cut. Never could get it dialed in. Depending on your area you may be able to pick up a slightly older graphtec or vinyl express (rebranded graphtec) reasonable. Be aware that most of the vinyl express do not have arms tor automatic contour cutting.

Yeah we're just outside Cincy, I had already hit up Craigslist and other places with no luck. We just bought a LaserPoint II after a lot of bouncing back and forth, plus our contour cut jobs aren't ridiculous (we make mostly racing numbers and other large simple stickers), this way we can ideally afford a new motherboard for our old junkie SC when they arrive and still have it around, but we didn't have to break the bank and use any funds we're saving on better equipment. We were pretty much saving up for a laminator so we could FINALLY retire the big squeegee, but we may postpone that for a Graphtec or Roland cutter. (Atleast the motherboard in the big squeegee won't go bad anytime soon)

Thanks for all the help. 

• Like 1