Coaster36

Vinyl master pro select multiple objects?

How in the world do you select multiple objects in VM? Usually its control or shift to select multiple things. Ive pushed everything. Is it impossible in this program or what?

Ok that seems to work with regular objects but not when Im trying to edit nodes. 

Vm can be a bit fussy about selections...Depending upon the type of node editing

I'm trying to do, I sometimes turn to Inkscape for it's ease of use.

Yeah I think I might go back to inkscape for editing. Its so much easier and I have a lot more experience with it.

With VM I just group them before editing nodes but node editing is my least favorite part of VM.

I have to respectfully disagree :)

the path editing in Flexi / LXi VinylMaster is unparalleled.

there are definite features with inkscape/illustrator that I'm very fond of, but the path editing tools take the cake.  I do all my paths in Vinyl Express and then transfer the file over if need be...

Vinylmaster does have some neat features and I cant imagaine there is no way to select  multiple nodes or objects while in node edit. I can drag a box around the ones that are active but If I have a punch out inside my design, I cant select the outline and inside object at the same time.

Selecting multiple nodes you left click drag the box around nodes you want to select and release, hope this is what you need.

Thats not what im saying.

Lets say I have a square with an arrow in the middle. I can either select the outside of the square or the arrow to edit the nodes. I can only select one at a time. Lets say I want to drag the left side of the box and the arrow at the same time. How do I select the box and arrow to drag the nodes?

Id make an example but im at work.

I have to respectfully disagree :)

the path editing in Flexi / LXi VinylMaster is unparalleled.

there are definite features with inkscape/illustrator that I'm very fond of, but the path editing tools take the cake.  I do all my paths in Vinyl Express and then transfer the file over if need be...

Vinyl Express is NOT Vinyl Master.

Combine then in node editor you have to circle the nodes at the same time. I don't think you can click multiple nodes selectively with either shift or control.

I just tried it. I made a square with an arrow in the middle. Selected all of them. Combined them. It punched out the arrow and I still cant select both the outside of the square and the arrow to move the nodes together.

Am I missing something? I did this alot with inkscape. Is it not a normal function? Does anyone else do that? 

May not be doable I still jump to corel for all but the simplest node editing. So far node editing has been the weak point for me in vinylmaster but I haven't had time to go through all the tutorials yet either.

It happens. I actually have a version of flexi and a version of lxi and they are capable programs.

Anyone ever figure out how to do this? I have an image with multiple holes in it and I want to be able to select the nodes of all the holes at the same time but I can only select one hole at a time or the outline of the entire image.