T.WOOD

Will scalp3 work with windows 10

I want to upgrade to windows 10 but not sure if it will still work. Anyone know?

stay back..  too many problems,  There are no windows 10 drivers for the vinyl cutters.  Wait til everything is fixed...  Others upgraded and had to roll back to make their cutters work again.

• Like 1

Ok. Thanks a lot. I was halfway through downloading it when I realized it might not work and canceled it

• Like 1

I have a 34" sc

Your  SC cutter is made by Liyu   the same brand that made the Laserpointer11 which didn't work in the previous thread. 

• Like 1

Ok thanks a lot. I'll keep an eye out on the forum to see when it's safe to update

I just saw this online.  I think this is funny.. :lol:

Windows 10: Microsoft's Operating System Can Disable Pirated Software or Games, Report Says
The latest addition to the European License Agreement terms of conditions states Microsoft has the power to disable counterfeit software and hardware, PC Authority reports.

I just saw this online.  I think this is funny.. :lol:

Windows 10: Microsoft's Operating System Can Disable Pirated Software or Games, Report Says
The latest addition to the European License Agreement terms of conditions states Microsoft has the power to disable counterfeit software and hardware, PC Authority reports.

Guessing there are going to be a LOT less people running Flexi Sign in the near future lol.

• Like 2

They'll slowly force us into 10 just like they forced out xp. Just a matter of time although I think some may use this as the reason to jump to macs.

They'll slowly force us into 10 just like they forced out xp. Just a matter of time although I think some may use this as the reason to jump to macs.

I'm still happily running XP on several machines with no problems and no worries! It will be a long time before microsoft forces me to do anything, and by then I won't need a computer...

• Like 1

I'm still happily running XP on several machines with no problems and no worries! It will be a long time before microsoft forces me to do anything, and by then I won't need a computer...

If you put them online they are no longer even attempting security fixes as I'm sure you are aware. Also my bank has posted as of september they will not allow XP systems to login to check their account due to security concerns. They are being forced out by windows and by the industry in general. Don't get me wrong I love XP compared to 8 but I also miss my dimmer switch on the floor.

If you put them online they are no longer even attempting security fixes as I'm sure you are aware. Also my bank has posted as of september they will not allow XP systems to login to check their account due to security concerns. They are being forced out by windows and by the industry in general. Don't get me wrong I love XP compared to 8 but I also miss my dimmer switch on the floor.

I hate to say it, and this is really better off in a different thread (or forum even), but what security risks?? Hype and propaganga! I don't run any microsoft software (except the OS itself). It's the software where the risks come from. I'm behind a firewall and router. Noone from the outside can get in. I could be running win 3.1 and be just as secure as win7,8 or 10. The "security" comes from how you use your computer and how well you protect it, not from any specific OS. And yes, all my XP machines are connected and will remain so. No, I will never install win10 as I refuse to offer up my hard drives to MS. And if my bank told me that, I'd find a different bank! I do suffer from paranoia, but not when it comes to my computers...

And, I still have a dimmer switch on the floor!! :lol::bear:

I'm not disagreeing with you about the security but the perceived risk may be a better way of describing it. However my thinking is in a year or so there will be a major hack into all xp systems and Microsoft will be saying I told you so. Don't ask where i think that hack will originate because most will call me a conspiracy nut. I need to get back to working on my mustang so I too can have a dimmer switch on the floor again.

I have Windows 10 running on 4 computers all of them have Sure Cuts A Lot Pro - No issues here it actually seems to load faster.

I'm not disagreeing with you about the security but the perceived risk may be a better way of describing it. However my thinking is in a year or so there will be a major hack into all xp systems and Microsoft will be saying I told you so. Don't ask where i think that hack will originate because most will call me a conspiracy nut. I need to get back to working on my mustang so I too can have a dimmer switch on the floor again.

I have no doubts that the demise of XP will be a direct result of MS doing something nasty. Turning off the automatic updates would be a wise choice! :lol::bear:

busterbay: Glad to hear win10 runs it with no problems. And I hope you don't cut any copyrighted stuff because MS knows everything you do with those computers and everything you have stored on your hard drive. Good Luck! :blink::bear:

• Like 1

They need to change their name to BBI. Big Brother Industries.

There is going to have to be some way of turning off all the big brother features in windows 10.  

If not then no hospital or government agency will be using it.  

With the hospital there's a HUGE HIPPA violation if MS is documenting patient information.  

And if you're not in the medical field Hippa violations are a big deal.   

• Like 1

Very good point GoC. I never put any thought into hippa. And what about the military or even corporations? Good luck with all that. I'll stick with my old systems and watch from the sidelines.

And I do like the "B.B.I" :lol::bear:

And, now speakin from experience, I have been totally underwhelmed by win8.1. I just set up a new laptop for my daughter. Just win7 with a tablet-type front end. Horrible to use and figure out...

If it were not for my programming, I would move permanently to linux or Mac!

• Like 1

I'm having issues with windows 10 and my SCAL pro3. I'm going back to windows 7 as soon as I can backup my stuff. Mz Skeeter is right wait. Microsoft alwas realeses an OS to early. This I think is a issue that they wouldn't have seen coming.

I've actually been using SCALP3 with Windows 10 since the day the OS came out.  Haven't had any issues.

I have no problems with win 10 and scalp3.

BUT remember to deactivate your scalp and find your serial number before you upgrade.

Scalp will be in trial mode once you upgrade.

• Like 2