Sign in to follow this  
Wildgoose

Weekend project

My Cruiser finally got lift and tires. Been wanting to do this for some time but other things always seem to take precedent. Here are before and after pics. 

The only dark cloud over the whole thing is I was planning to head out wheeling either next weekend or the following and there is a freakin' massive range fire going on right out in my favorite playground. I have a feeling that it will be a while before they open things up for off roading out there. We haven't seen this big of a fire this close to town in all my years. Calling it the Soda Creek fire or something like that. Right out south of town about 20 minutes. Fortunately there is a large river that should hold it from coming into more populated areas but it's going to make a mess for several years. Wild horses and sage grouse are going to be the big losers along with the ranchers. 

post-20133-0-97821200-1439687168_thumb.j

post-20133-0-22788000-1439687178_thumb.j

• Like 3

Looks good, maybe add a couple more inches in front to compensate for a front bumper and winch, I like the look tho. A roof top tent and your ready to go.

Donn

Looks much better! What year is it? We just got our hands on a 1996, she's pretty rough but going to try and make a free bucks on her! Looks like its time for a camo wrap Wild!!

Looks good, maybe add a couple more inches in front to compensate for a front bumper and winch, I like the look tho. A roof top tent and your ready to go.

Donn

It's a little stink bugged empty but when I go out I pack a lot of gear and usually several kids so it will set about right on the trail. I'm much more go than show so I don't care about the around town look as much as how it will get me around out in the wild. 

Quite- this one is a 96 too. Great year. The only thing I wish it had was the E-lockers but it only has 150K on it and all the ones locked were up in the 225K+ range for more like 9K. This one only actually had 140 when I bought it and I only paid $5800. Book was around 9K at the time. I am not a fan of the dark green. Not going to wrap it either but I may trick it out at some point with some animal stripes or something. I haven't wanted to do it yet because up until now it's just been a poser. I've had the sliders and bumpers on there for a year and that helped it off road a lot but the things are a little low slung stock. 

Ours runs great the a/c is ice cold its pushing 220k,but she is not a looker inside and out lol. Lots of oil leaks etc but should still bring 2k as she sits

• Like 1

You're get a lot more than that out west here if it's not rusted out. The inline 6 is supposed to be good to 350K if taken care of. Mine burns a little oil and it sounds like that is common with that power plant. They almost all leak a little too. I shopped for several years specifically looking for one of the last model years of the run. The earlier models had less power and some had less desirable transmissions. I bought it because it has: 112" WB, 3/4 ton full floater axles, high pinion front axle 4.10 stock gearing, coil springs, disc brakes and bomb proof overall vehicle. 

A lot of people around here throw in the T-Case doubler to get really low crawling gears. I am trying not to go to the extreme this time around so I am currently leaving all that stuff alone. I have been tempted to re-gear and add lockers but have resisted the temptation plus the expense is high. 

Sounds pretty capable right now!  I just purchased a 2015 Jeep Unlimited in April all stock right now , I cant wait to spends a little money on her. With a payment like that you cant afford to trick it out lol

• Like 1