Sign in to follow this  
WadeLogan

Calibrating Laser for Flexi Pro Contour Cut

I've had my SC cutter for a couple years and it's done great... I purchased a Mutoh printer a few months back and have been doing a lot of print and contour cut jobs with it.

However, when I send printed jobs to the cutter I currently have to align the center of my blade to the registration marks during alignment. My question is, is there a way in Flexi Pro that I can calibrate or offset the distance from my laser on the SC Cutter to the registration marks? I'd really prefer to use my laser to align cut jobs... About 25% of my larger cut jobs are wasted since it's much harder for me to align the registration marks with the blade. 

Thanks,
Wade

DMDGraphics

Have you tried a pen instead of the blade?  Or a sharpie?  Blade is pretty accurate in the center of the registration marks...How do you know it is not just poor tracking, making it off on larger designs?   The value cutters don't track as great as the higher end cutters.

I don't think the tracking is off, it's just that if I don't get my registration marks spot on, it's a lot more noticeable after 4 foot of vinyl has went through. I  tried the sharpie today and that was actually pretty helpful... When I first encountered the issue I scrambled looking for my pen holder that came with the machine, but we somehow lost it when my wife and I moved out of state. I think I may just pick up another one sometime, 

Thanks