Primal Decals

heat transfer paper printing at home or HTV for shirts

I have ZERO knowledge in this area so i hope (you know it all's lol) can help steer the correct path for me lol.

I am looking into getting into shirts maybe and i came across a article online that talked about printing at home on transfer paper etc. I did tests with the walmart junk which i new it was not gonna be top quality lol but just wanted to see the process of it.

So what is the best way to go about this, I have seen numerous videos of people doing transfer paper with awesome results that last and some that well last a maybe a couple months after washing a few times if the design made it that long. I want it to last at least a few years or more.  I have a new hp8600 premium printer that uses pigment ink hp950 and 951 ...

... OR should i go with the HTV. I have heard the HTV can be a little stiff depending on design..i know i need to get a heat press which i have seen tons and not sure what is the best to start with or something that will do its job and not cost a fortune for now . i have no problem upgrading later on it.. For the transfer paper or htv style  I just want something great to sell not just ok to sell..Thank you everyone for your advice.

HTV is nice because you can make good use of your cutter and it's fantastic for quality and longevity. Only downside is solid colors and sometimes if you over-do it on something like a t-shirt it feels too heavy and makes you sweat. I do many hundreds of shirt with HTV.

• Like 2

You can always ask over at Signs101, and see what they say?

i did and this is what i was told --->  "Get a job in the business and figure it out"     ..This forum and the people on here are so amazing when it comes to helping people in need.You guys all rock ;D ;D

• Like 2

i did and this is what i was told --->  "Get a job in the business and figure it out"     ..This forum and the people on here are so amazing when it comes to helping people in need.You guys all rock ;D ;D

yeah some forums are nicer than others. I prefer here over anywhere else. There are 2 kinda of heat transfer paper minus sublimation. You have your basic for white papers. Now I use Soft Stretch Jet pro for all whites and some lighter colors, you print with your inkjet wait a little let it dry cut around the image with a scissors so you don't get the giant rectangle of glue background and press for the recommended time and pressure. Then theres Jet Pro 3G Opaque that I use for dark colored garments. Its like a vinyl and can be cut on your vinyl cutter using registration marks. It does have a soft hand on the garment but after time it does crack and doesn't stretch to well. I believe you can buy a sample back of both through coastal business and you can try it out for yourself. I don't think Uscutter sells it but I might be wrong.

• Like 1

I saw it before I posted. Check your local Craigslist for a heat press, sometimes? All the other stuff doesn't mean a whole lot, until you get a way to press the transfers. 

• Like 3

They eat their young over at signs 101. Smart people just not well adjusted to society in general.

• Like 2

How much shit ya reckon, this guy's gonna catch? Plus, calling out the #1 know it all.

"So i finally got my mutoh printer and i was wondering what material would you recommend i buy.
i plan on doing printed on vinyls, banners, and car wraps. i was wondering if anyone knew what that vinyl material was called that you could print on and see through it on the other side. people have them on their car windows and stuff, just wondering what it was called.

no trolls please lol.... i see you gino"

i was wondering if anyone knew what that vinyl material was called that you could print on and see through it on the other side. people have them on their car windows and stuff, just wondering what it was called.

Perforated

Blood in the waters. If  I had more free time i'd hang out over there just to watch the carnage.

They eat their young over at signs 101. Smart people just not well adjusted to society in general.

So true so true. They never learned how to share or play nice. Mommy and daddy didn't teach them proper Etiquette.

• Like 2

Yeah I am so glad I found US Cutter and the forum. Even though we may have our days most things are positive lol  >:D

• Like 1