gcextreme

Some of my Dye Sub projects

Started with Coffee Mugs and Can Coozies.

Then got the Dog Tags and Hitch Covers.

Next I'm gonna do Phone Cases and Guitar Picks, then Shirts/Apparel.

received_10152917333351700_zpsn3cj9jym.j

20150612_113216_zpsu9zbah1l.jpg

20150808_172602_zps5jjnapq7.jpg

20150812_114848_zpsdbpjzr9y.jpg

• Like 3

Only sold 3 mugs so far, 3 can coozies.

Just started the hitch covers and dogtags.

Im using the Epson wf7110 from CobraInks.

Im struggling with it and the color profiles.

It will print beautifully one sheet, then the next print will be crap, and the next 20 are crap, then after monkeying with the settings, it will print great again....and then print horribly again.

Ive wasted so much ink and paper its ridiculous

Only sold 3 mugs so far, 3 can coozies.

Just started the hitch covers and dogtags.

Im using the Epson wf7110 from CobraInks.

Im struggling with it and the color profiles.

It will print beautifully one sheet, then the next print will be crap, and the next 20 are crap, then after monkeying with the settings, it will print great again....and then print horribly again.

Ive wasted so much ink and paper its ridiculous

I cant help you without any of those issues I use Printpayless ink and never had to change settings no matter what substrate.

What type of transfer paper are you using GC ? Do you know that only one side of the paper is coated to be printed on? At least the stuff I use is... It is the brighter white side....The other side will come out all grainy looking when transferred.....

• Like 1

The imagex stuff from coastal business.

Paper seems the same, it prints bad on both sides.

Ive tried the default epson profiles, same results

Hmm I never had the issue your having sounds like a faulty head, on the 7010 I had a clogged blue head and I could never get a green till I cleaned it.  It seemed to be the blue all the time. However when I printed before the print head cable broke it worked great. Do you have photos of the issue somewhere?

Hope that helps.

When printing, i have the cover open so i can see right away if its printing good or bad so i can cancel it if it's bad and save ink

I use the same paper.....If you fold it over on itself one side is much brighter white than the other.....The bright side is the side you want to print on......When I mess up and print on the wrong side that's how mine look also....

• Like 2

Its hard to figure out what side to print, however I have printed on the wrong side and never had a bad image it just wouldn't release all the ink. However I would do what Macon said try printing on the other side and see what happens. If it doesn't change I would say order new ink from Cobra, or see if he thinks the head could be messed up. Maybe order some of the sublimation ink from Printpayless and go from there.

I will try that.

But does that mean i gotta go thru the whole stack of papers cuz they arent all facing the same way??

I will try that. But does that mean i gotta go thru the whole stack of papers cuz they arent all facing the same way??

Just try flipping one of your bad prints and print a single image on the side with no printing and see what its comes out to look like or do a couple like that till you normally get a bad print. The paper might be turned wrong when they packaged it. I always look at the paper on both sides to make sure I'm using the right side.

Sub paper has 1 good side. If they were packed with she's facing different ways I'd be looking for a different brand personally.

• Like 2

Sub paper has 1 good side. If they were packed with she's facing different ways I'd be looking for a different brand personally.

He orders the same paper as I do from the same place and I never had the issue he is having, thinking he got a batch where a disgruntled employee was working or accidentally flipping it to the wrong side which I have done also but now I double check.