My copam 2500 has not been running.  As soon as I power it up it continually turns off and then on. At first the carriage tried to move further to the right as it comes on and then it shuts off to start up and do it again. But now it just continually flashes off and on while making a soft knocking noise.  I have a video of what it is doing.  Is there any way to load it here? We spent time troubleshooting it a few months back and did replace the carriage and it didn't change anything.  I see mother boards for copam cutters are half off now, so thought it would be a good time to try and fix it.  I suppose it could be the power supply also.  If we order both parts and one fixes it can we return the other part?  Any help or suggestions are appreciated!  I have a video also, but not sure how to download it on the forum.

THANKS!

• Like 1

I'm going to take a longshot in the dark here, but because you mention that carriage running along the rails and causing some sort of glitch, perhaps it's worth checking the LIMITER SWITCH (also called a kill switch or home contact).

That's a small microswitch located in the upper housing of the rail, and the carriage will trigger it as it moves into that far-right position.

It's the only thing I could think of to troubleshoot without getting drastic.

(the switch arm can be bent slightly and that may help it to complete the circuit properly and things will go back to normal)

• Like 1