Sign in to follow this  
GraphxNMore

"Double tap"

SC cutter, windows 7, SCAL4P. When cutting text straight out of the program, some letters double tap when it starts cutting. Anyone else have this? All I did was type and cut. 

Im Win7 & SCAL4P but on a v1MH. Never noticed it.

Maybe, try a little diagnostics.

Does it also do it with another font?

Does it do it when cutting shapes?

Does it do it when using you SC "test" cut?

Does it do it when using a pen?

At this/your level of software & hardware I have come to expect little issues that need to be worked thru from time to time. Each time I figure one out I'm that much better at this stuff. (also why I hang out here and read a lot)

PS, I do remember reading that some cutters "tap" the blade to set its direction before a cut starts but I think it was off the material & not during a cut run.

I think that has to do with the blade alignment on the machine itself rather than SCAL. I have the Graphtec CE-6000 which has an associated program called Graphtec Cutting Plotter Controller. This program controls plotter functions via the computer (rather than changing the settings on the plotter display). Not sure if the SC series has such a program as an extra, but that's where I'd look. The double-tap is very likely the blade alignment function that can be turned on/off as a user preference.