DNA_Vinyl

Can't share my progress

There are two stores that opened in my area very recently about 30 miles apart with the same name. I looked in the store and they sell ts with all the copyrighted logos and text on them. I figured what the hey, they are licensed to do this. When an employee walked up to me and said " if you don't see what you like, tell us what you want  and we can Google it, download it, and print it right up for you". I was told these exact words at both stores. I am watching to see how quickly they get closed down. Yes they are in major malls in New York.

They guy I made the hockey mugs for I told him I don't want to do them anymore. I'm just to freaked out by it. He owns a bar so I'm trying to get him to go with his logo. We'll see.

• Like 2

I got called out a few years ago for some stuff I had on my store window in a pic I put up here so I know the feeling of peer pressure but it's a better feeling that you're not going to lose your home in a court battle.

just ran across the one from michigan that I mentioned earlier - considering the qty I think he got a pretty good deal

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2014/02/store_owner_sentenced_for_sell.html

and this one for a more obscure example

http://www.clickondetroit.com/sports/datsyuk-merchandise-lawsuit-heads-to-court-thursday/21568454

just examples for future readers, even though the items are no longer for sale and the companies closed the suits continue to be litigated  - in the digital age nothing is erased for good.  in both examples the person with the items got the first suit then they go after the person that produced the products even after they have been removed from the marketplace, the first infraction happens at the time of manufacture and doesn't disappear.

everyone chooses their own risk they are willing to take

• Like 1