DNA_Vinyl

Can't share my progress

Bragging? I'm just excited I get to use my cutter. Be it a Bears logo or a giant penis. I love making decals!

....and it's the entire "Show your Work" thread a means of bragging....showing off what you have done?

What I did was wrong...HA...quit being so self righteous.

DNA - This being a friendly forum we are just trying to help you stay out of trouble. (at least that is my only motivation)

tomk - Chill pill dude. I seriously doubt you paid Borjeto Studio to use their design as your avatar either but no one is freaking out over it. 

• Like 1

Hell my avatar is deputy dog. I'm sure somebody would feel I stole it although I really just borrowed it :)

• Like 3

Get licensed. It's cheap and easy. No worries.

Where does one get a license/sublicense for this stuff?

DNA just keep up your path and don't get caught ok seriously thought keep it up and you will eventually get caught, specially with selling it. I look it this way everyone is warning you about the legal issues, and with you stating you don't care as long as you can use your cutter you wont be around sooner or later to use it heck you wont be able to own one. But continue down your path because there are people in this business and I'm sure most, like myself are thinking keep it up your gone one less competitor.

Then don't do it, the money you make from it wont be enough to cover their attorney fee's court costs, and revenue that those sports teams etc lost with you selling fake merchandise. Better safe than sorry. I had friends asking if I would make and sell them NBA and NFL shirts, I said nope and when asked why I told them copyright infringement laws and I don't want to be a part of that. 

• Like 1

But continue down your path because there are people in this business and I'm sure most, like myself are thinking keep it up your gone one less competitor.

Not to take sides here, but is DNA really your competition if he is doing stuff you choose not to do?

Is Peterbuilt any competition to Chrysler now?

Cal

I wouldnt say I'm any real competition. Maybe if we were near by and at the same caliber.

My biggest competition is myself. I don't price check or secret shop other place to undercut them because I really don't care what they do. When I was allegedly selling thinks of that nature at the flea markets I would get nervous anytime somebody took a picture or wrote down notes about something so I phased that stuff out of the shop so I could sleep better. My buddy got a cease and desist as well as seizure of inventory and coincidentally a visit the next day checking his license and making sure everything was legit. He also got a notice from the mall that if another episode took place ti would be a violation of his lease and the would evict him.

• Like 1

I wouldnt say I'm any real competition. Maybe if we were near by and at the same caliber.

Do you sell online such as ebay, Etsy, have your own website, or anyplace like that? Then technically we are competitors, in the physical world as in location no we aren't competitors. But I'm sure there are others that have a business such as yours near you, and they probably wouldn't mind if you got busted for doing illegal merchandise. They may even produce stuff like that also. All I'm trying to say is its not worth the risk and if you keep doing it and you get caught not many people will feel sorry for you. And others in this business will look at the situation and, say hey one less person that does what I do.

Apples to oranges, peterbuilt builds semis whet Chrysler doesn't.

Apples to apples.  Chrysler used to build semis, just as you used to do stuff DNA now does.

Cal

Just yanking your chain hatter...

post-47968-0-70729500-1439511839_thumb.j

I'm not like that but I will point and laugh at you just ask my buddy when I did it to him when he got busted. The majority of thd time you'll just get a cease and desist but sometimes they'll make an example of someone.

Apples to oranges, peterbuilt builds semis whet Chrysler doesn't.

Apples to apples.  Chrysler used to build semis, just as you used to do stuff DNA now does.

Cal

Just yanking your chain hatter...

attachicon.gif1024px-1974-dodge-semi-truck-04875.jpg

You should have said use to. I never sold Items that were copyrighted, I would never touch NFL, MLB,  NHL or even the local schools or Colleges. I mean I would produce a sample for them to try and get the rights to produce for them but thats different than actually selling them for my profit. But hey just trying to be a good guy and warning this is all I'm saying about it.

I thought I read on these forums that local schools would be ok.  Heck, most public schools probably dont have the rights to use the logo they have....

• Like 4

Ok I was at a flea market this weekend and there was a guy that had some etched mugs for sale. There had to be at least 60-75 mugs. ALL kinds of logos.

That guy had every sports team and apparel logo I had ever seen. I feel like thats way more ballsy that what I do.

Are you on FB or online? If so you're stuff is being recorded by bots all the time but all he/she is worried about are the people standing there. Either way it only takes 1 person to complain.

• Like 1

I am on Facebook but I don't post any of the copy written stuff. Only once becuase it turned out so awesome.