DNA_Vinyl

Can't share my progress

I've been pumping out a lot of mugs/coffe cups/pint glasses but I can't show them becuase the are all college and sports teams.

But I can tell you I've had over 50 in the past month. Not bad.

My best friend is amazing. He finds the most authentic disneysimilar stuff at flea markets that you would ever imagine. 

So your not doing it legally? For shame.

More like for money. I used to work the flea markets and well...

• Like 1

everyone decides what amount of risk they wish to take in this business - some just chose to not mention it on an open internet forum . . . being from north of the chicago area I am sure you had seen this one from that area a couple of months ago - I am sure they are not looking for more people in that area that might be filing the void.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1MSIM_enUS596US596&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=arrest+for+selling+sports+logo+goods

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/chicago-area-business-owner-arrested-selling-unlicensed-sports-merchandise

• Like 1

Copyright and Trademark protection each have a specific set of rules and it behooves anyone entertaining a foray into the grey area to read and understand them so they at least make informed decisions on what risks they are taking. Making a really cool mug or shirt for personal use is completely different than making money off someone else's laurels or diluting a market that some company has spent decades and millions to build up. In the end I only do what I am morally comfortable with and try to keep my nose in my own business. I WILL happily throw my opinion out there but that can be taken or left for what it is. 

• Like 5

You guys are a riot.

we just watch others for years and learn from their experiences - some learn - some provide us entertainment

• Like 5

Dakota could you see if they can add the little emoticon eating popcorn?  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Anyone using copyrighted material without permission or legally, I hope you not only lose your business, but that you also spend some time in jail.

I've been pumping out a lot of mugs/coffe cups/pint glasses but I can't show them becuase the are all college and sports teams.

But I can tell you I've had over 50 in the past month. Not bad.

Something to be proud of.  :police:

Almost every person bends the rules at some point and they may not even know it at the time. I personally think companies can police their own design and let law,enforcement fight the more pressing crimes but that's just me.

• Like 5

Here's one I'm working on right now. This is just the layout though. Southern Miss wants their new logo on the ROTC cannon.

post-80805-0-33853200-1439403028_thumb.j

People do what they gotta do.

same quote the prisoners used a lot - LOL   coincidence?   I hated that place but I learned a lot in all those years

• Like 2

If you think they get worked up here wait until you meet the attorneys. My friend just had his mall kiosk and his store raided last month and let's just say it's not a pleasant experience.

• Like 2

Man people sure get worked up about copy written stuff.

If I came into your house, stole some of your property, and put it up on eBay for sale, wouldn't you get 'worked up'?  

What you are doing is no different, you are a thief stealing someone else's property/work and profiting from it.

Tomk...let me guess....you bought EVERY movie & EVERY song you have on your computer or ipod...or whatever....

ALL of them. You bought and paid for it all.

Am I right?

I use spotify, so yes, I pay for all of my music.  Before Spotify I never was into music much, and would use Pandora or other streaming apps if I wanted to listen to music outside of the radio, which I seldom do.

Yes, I've downloaded movies and watched them illegally in my past.  But not with the intent of selling them to others for a profit.  Was I a thief, you bet I was.  Do I still do it?  No, Amazon, RedBox, etc make it cheaper and easier to view movies I want to see now.

What I did was wrong, however I never profited from it, nor did I run around bragging about it.