Luckystitch

Hi, New from Wisconsin

I'm totally new to this cutter equipment. I have the Titan 3.  I finally figured out how to do a contour cut. First cut was beautiful. Tried to tile so I could do more than one per sheet. For some reason, now when it cuts it goes over it twice and cuts the design totally out and pull the paper every which way because there is a hole where the first design cut out. Can anyone please help me set it so it only cuts once. The very first time I cut it only went over the design once. I don't remember changing anything but I was going through a lot of stuff and who knows what I did. I am working with RazorCut program

I dont know tht program but look at your image in wire frame it probably has two layers delete one of the layers ...

• Like 1

If you cut thru the material you probably damaged your cutting strip in the process. You should check it for cuts and gouges.

Ya I'm not familiar with the Razorcut program either  but like Mr300 mentioned, check if there is 2 paths. 

You mentioned that you" tiled" it so you could cut more than one per page.  tiling is often used when you have a decal to cut that's larger than the width of your vinyl.  You should have bumped up the quantity if you want more than one copy.  but then you mentioned more than one per page so I'm not really sure.

Anyways , Welcome to the forum.

Ya I'm not familiar with the Razorcut program either  but like Mr300 mentioned, check if there is 2 paths. 

You mentioned that you" tiled" it so you could cut more than one per page.  tiling is often used when you have a decal to cut that's larger than the width of your vinyl.  You should have bumped up the quantity if you want more than one copy.  but then you mentioned more than one per page so I'm not really sure.

Anyways , Welcome to the forum.

Thats true he might want to change that to something like copy I dont have that program either but most programs are the same copy paste or other ways. I dont see tiliing as an option for making more copies.

Thanks everyone. You were right, I had 2 paths somehow. I started over, did the copy and paste instead of tiling. Like I said, I am soooooo new to this, and to top it off I'm not too good at graphic art programs either. I dabble in Corel, very little. I have a great friend that helps with art but would love to learn to do my own. Baby steps, and I'll get there. My interest is embroidery and my husband wanted to try something new. This is going to be a very interesting experience for me/us. Hubby don't know much about computers. :wacko:  I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of stupid questions on here from me. To Madhattergraphix, I'm not in Milwaukee, I'm a country bum and don't like Milwaukee, to much hustle and bustle for me. :rolleyes:  To DO NOT CUT: Yep thought I did cut and gouge my cutting strip, But, unit is new and I didn't know it had so didn't take the plastic tape off. Took it off now, No cuts or gouges.

Thanks again for all the help. Now to try this project on transfer paper.

Welcome.

You raise an interesting point regarding the cutting strip.

Yes, most cutters come with a protective tape over the strip which needs to be removed.

I would imagine that many people do not realize this, and fail to remove it and are still cutting with the tape in place.

By the way, RazorCut appears to be a very nice program.

You might want to start a new thread topic and describe your positive experiences with that.

There's very little practical information on the Forums about R-C.

Welcome.

You raise an interesting point regarding the cutting strip.

Yes, most cutters come with a protective tape over the strip which needs to be removed.

I would imagine that many people do not realize this, and fail to remove it and are still cutting with the tape in place.

By the way, RazorCut appears to be a very nice program.

You might want to start a new thread topic and describe your positive experiences with that.

There's very little practical information on the Forums about R-C.

I thought Razorcut software was rebranded Vinyl Master..   Also called Dragoncut for Saga vinyl cutters

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. You were right, I had 2 paths somehow. I started over, did the copy and paste instead of tiling. Like I said, I am soooooo new to this, and to top it off I'm not too good at graphic art programs either. I dabble in Corel, very little. I have a great friend that helps with art but would love to learn to do my own. Baby steps, and I'll get there. My interest is embroidery and my husband wanted to try something new. This is going to be a very interesting experience for me/us. Hubby don't know much about computers. :wacko:  I'm sure you'll be seeing a lot of stupid questions on here from me. To Madhattergraphix, I'm not in Milwaukee, I'm a country bum and don't like Milwaukee, to much hustle and bustle for me. :rolleyes:  To DO NOT CUT: Yep thought I did cut and gouge my cutting strip, But, unit is new and I didn't know it had so didn't take the plastic tape off. Took it off now, No cuts or gouges.

I use to live in city in Waukesha county it was more dirt and grass than concrete and ash. However things changed and now I'm forced to live here and hate it myself even though I'm really in Milwaukee county City of Cudahy where Patrick Cudahy Bacon is meats are smoked mmmmm.

It will be an interesting and sometimes expensive business to get into. And no question is stupid however little note the search function in the upper right hand side of the page can be your friend, google is also your friend it will bring up pages from here to visit for your questions, and YouTube is a perfect place for some help specially if your a visual learner like me.

• Like 1

Glad to hear you got it sorted out.